JoinFS Model Matching

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
os99sk8
Airman

JoinFS Model Matching

Post by os99sk8 »

Ok so i'm not sure if i'm being silly or i'm having a legitimate issue getting A2A models to work.

I've done the scan into the root folder and added all A2A folders into the other locations section but when the scan is complete i get this below:

As you can see ive added the T6 but all i see is the default models.

Does this mean JoinFS only allows you one model per single prop? e.g. i can only see other single props as Texans? Or am i missing something

PS: I use FSX boxed all default installation locations

Thanks for the help!
Image Image

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: JoinFS Model Matching

Post by Ron Attwood »

JoinFS\File\Scan Now. At the bottom of the window is a provision to Add another location. i.e. C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\P3D Add-ons\A2A or wherever you have installed your A2A planes. Then JoinFS will know where to look.
Hope that helps.

EDIT: Oops! I see you're using FSX. It's been a hot day. :(
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

os99sk8
Airman

Post by os99sk8 »

My A2A aircraft are all installed into the SimObjects folder of FSX, unless there is another location i'm unaware of?
Image Image

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

In which case JoinFS should find them. What version of JoinFS are you using? The latest versions have a 'Scan on Starting JoinFS' function. Does it automatically. Get v1.4.13. http://pmem.uk/joinfs/install.html
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

os99sk8
Airman

Post by os99sk8 »

I have that one and the auto scan selected. I think the problem is my own confusion.

All the A2A planes show up in the substitution section as per my screenshot above (see the default single prop i have as the texan)

I think i was expecting all the addons to show in the left hand column too
Image Image

Mustang472218
Airman

Post by Mustang472218 »

That just means that if you don't have an aircraft JOINFS will default to showing you that "substitute" model. Say if you don't have the A2A P-51 that I'm flying, it will show the T-6. Note that if you only lack the repaint, it will show the default repaint, Blondie or Bare Metal in the case of the P-51.

Hope that clears things up.

os99sk8
Airman

Post by os99sk8 »

Yes i get you, in that case then I wonder why i cant get it to find any models
Image Image

os99sk8
Airman

Post by os99sk8 »

Hold on I think I've cracked it!

I will report back

UPDATE:

So i've gone into the app data\local folder and added manually the a2a found models into the substitutions table to generate this result:

Image Image

Mustang472218
Airman

Post by Mustang472218 »

You DO NOT have to do that for it to see the A2A planes. Just leave the fields as defaults and if need be substitute planes when in session. If you have all the a2a stuff, joinfs will automatically display them when you're in a multiplayer flight with other A2A aircraft.

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Mustang472218 wrote:You DO NOT have to do that for it to see the A2A planes. Just leave the fields as defaults and if need be substitute planes when in session. If you have all the a2a stuff, joinfs will automatically display them when you're in a multiplayer flight with other A2A aircraft.
For me it didn't do that but it may be because i didn't have the addon area path in join fs i will test this on Sunday
AKA "Memey"

os99sk8
Airman

Post by os99sk8 »

Mustang472218 wrote:You DO NOT have to do that for it to see the A2A planes. Just leave the fields as defaults and if need be substitute planes when in session. If you have all the a2a stuff, joinfs will automatically display them when you're in a multiplayer flight with other A2A aircraft.
Ok so in theory if I leave the default single prop for example as the fsx 172, when i join a flight where a user has the A2A spit and T6 it will automatically show on my screen the correct models regardless as to what is set in the JoinFS substitutions window? So JoinFS will detect in server an A2A spit and T6

This may be where i'm going wrong, i might be trying to over complicate the process
Image Image

Mustang472218
Airman

Post by Mustang472218 »

Precisely. I have all my models set to the default Bonanza in P3Dv4 and JOINFS has no trouble displaying A2A aircraft when I join in on flights. Occasionally I will have to substitute specific aircraft, for example last night 2 people showed as L-049 instead of Spitfires, but that can be done in a couple of clicks. Just leave the fields as default and you should be good to go.

Mustang472218
Airman

Post by Mustang472218 »

With the model matching screen JOINFS is just asking this: IF you don't have a certain plane that someone is flying, what do I show them as on your end? The information of the aircraft is transmitted through the network and JOINFS parses it to determine what to show the chimp behind the keyboard. :P That's why it can see "T-6" but if it doesn't "see" a custom repaint for example in your T-6 folder it will display a default T-6 paint.

In that case, if I was flying the A2A T-6 and you didn't have it at all (not even installed on your machine), JOINFS would display me as a default 172 based on your "model matching" settings.

Hope this makes sense.

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Mustang472218 wrote:With the model matching screen JOINFS is just asking this: IF you don't have a certain plane that someone is flying, what do I show them as on your end? The information of the aircraft is transmitted through the network and JOINFS parses it to determine what to show the chimp behind the keyboard. :P That's why it can see "T-6" but if it doesn't "see" a custom repaint for example in your T-6 folder it will display a default T-6 paint.

In that case, if I was flying the A2A T-6 and you didn't have it at all (not even installed on your machine), JOINFS would display me as a default 172 based on your "model matching" settings.

Hope this makes sense.
Ok thanks
AKA "Memey"

os99sk8
Airman

Post by os99sk8 »

Yes that makes perfect sense!

Many thanks for the help! It seems I misunderstood the whole model matching process and thought I had to do it myself.

I will give this a go on the next MP flight :D :D
Image Image

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”