Group Flight, Sunday April 29

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
ratty
Technical Sergeant

Group Flight, Sunday April 29

Post by ratty »

In the absence of any better suggestion, how about this?

Welcome to RCAF Service Flying Training School No 10, Dauphin, Manitoba. Our sortie is a group navigation exercise in Harvard trainers.

Take off from Dauphin/Barker (CYDN). Fly 170 degrees for 72nm to Brandon (CYBR). Turn to 051 degrees for 57nm to Langruth VOR. Then 304 degrees for 65nm to Dauphin.
Depart: 1900 Zulu
Aircraft: T-6s. Any all-yellow scheme with RCAF roundels.
For habitual GPS users: turn it off, it's 1943.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Group Flight, Sunday April 29

Post by Paughco »

Looks like fun! See you guys there!

Seeya
ATB

Skywagon
Airman Basic

Post by Skywagon »

What server and comm app do you guys fly on?

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Skywagon wrote:What server and comm app do you guys fly on?
Sorry, missed your post before.

We're using JoinFS (latest version) and the Skypark hub to connect. Comms through the A2A community on Discord.

We've just finished our "navigation exercise" and had a blast. It looks like next week we'll be exploring Oregon, again in T-6s. Check this forum for an update!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Skywagon wrote:What server and comm app do you guys fly on?
I did a little writeup on MP procedures at https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 75#p486575.

Our flight was a blast! At first, I thought the flight plan looked pretty mundane; just a triangular cross-country hop over basically flat terrain... man, was I wrong! Ratty led the flight and took care of navigation, while the rest of us tried to maintain a decent formation. It was challenging! We gradually improved our formation technique throughout the flight, finishing up over our home base with a formation fighter break and landing. The scenery was very nice. I really enjoyed the flight.

Seeya
ATB

Skywagon
Airman Basic

Post by Skywagon »

Sounds like it was fun I’ll have to join for next flight, in a Harvard.
The RCAF hop caught my attention. I have a strange magnetic attraction to those old bases and find myself flying to them often. For the romantic type, they are a very special places. These are just a few pics I snapped today after I shot some circuits at the old base. The runways are..rough. With 850 tires it’s not so bad though. I plan on getting permisson to explore the insides of the hangers many of which are being restored. I don’t think you’ll find a more original ww2 airbase as this one in North America.
Image Image

Image Image

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”