A2A Community flight - Dec 17th

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello everyone,

I'll be flying again this Sunday.

Start time;
20:00 GMT (UK)
21:00 CET
15:00 EST

As mentioned last flight I'll be taking the Accu-sim C182 up this time for a leg or two.
Start location; LIBG - Taranto Grottaglie Airport
Destination;LIBC - Crotone Airport

I hope to then fly another leg if not more this week;
Start location; LIBC - Crotone Airport
Destination;LICR - Reggio Calabria Airport

I have created the A2A community discord channel, here is the URL and the end part is the invite code for using the app;
https://discord.gg/yV6CqgX

We can use that for voice comms, as last time it will be a relaxed group flight environment.

We will be using JoinFS thanks to our friends over at TheSkyLounge ( http://www.theskylounge.tv/ ) providing a great JoinFS server allow multiple sim platforms to work together in one multiplayer experience.

JoinFS;
http://pmem.uk/joinfs/development.html

Some help to get setup;
http://www.theskylounge.tv/topic/5121-a ... lo-joinfs/

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: A2A Community flight - Dec 17th

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Looks like a plan.

On that first leg, Lewis, it would be rather scenic to follow the coastline all the
way from LIBG to LIBC. Otherwise it is just a lot of water under the wings :)
Paul
i7-4790K @4.4Ghz OC - ASUS Z97-A- 16GB Corsair 1600mHz - GTX 760 2GB
240GB + 500GB EVO SSD's - 2x500GB and 1x2TB WD Black 7200 RPM drives

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

I just finished flying the first leg, following the coast all the way. I was in my Comanche flying
at 2600', 170 Mph IAS. It took just over an hour. Took off from Rwy 17.

The scenery was great at that altitude. I lost track of the number of rivers flowing down
from the mountains into the sea and all the bridges crossing them on the roads that ran along
the coast. It was particularly nice flying from the right seat looking down on the coastal villages
and the beaches along the way. Mountains in the distance.

Came ashore about 10 miles out from LIBC and made the approach and landing on Rwy 17 there.

Here is a link to a screenshot of my Plan-G track vs the direct route.

http://www.sonic.net/~csardas//Temp_Scr ... 2A_FLT.jpg

Paul

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Can't make this one as I'll be down in London all day Sunday. Have fun chaps. :)

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

I'll be there Sunday. I think a trip down the coastline is a great idea. Is there a limit on the number of engines? I'm thinking of the Connie as a change from the Mustang.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

ratty wrote:I'll be there Sunday. I think a trip down the coastline is a great idea. Is there a limit on the number of engines? I'm thinking of the Connie as a change from the Mustang.
IMO a GA aircraft would be best to take in the scenery, low and relatively slow. I flew the Comanche
on autopilot almost the entire way, making 3,4,5,10 degrees changes in HDG as I followed the coast.

I have switches mapped for the AP controls so just a click-click here or a click-click there was all
it took to follow the curves in the coastline while looking out and down the right seat window.

The Connie might take more effort and prevent you from enjoying the scenery along the way.

Paul

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Actually the spitfire would be best to take! Hurry up with it lewis! When we started this last year my aim was to fly the spit all the way around!
:)
Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

I'm going to give the Connie a try for this session. I just have to remember to leave the passengers behind; the screaming really gets on my nerves after a bit.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Uh-oh! Reality intervenes. Tomorrow I'm supposed to ride up to help a friend buy a tire changing machine from my pal in Mount Vernon, WA. We're supposed to leave around 1000 PST tomorrow, which is 1800 Zulu. I'll be gone during the flight. I'm going to pre-run the flight with my T-6 today just in case the tire changer thing doesn't happen.

Seeya
ATB

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

ratty wrote:I'm going to give the Connie a try for this session. I just have to remember to leave the passengers behind; the screaming really gets on my nerves after a bit.
Hey Ratty: Man, yer really gonna freak the squares with that Connie! Gotta stay below 4,000 feet because to keep out of all that airspace along the way, so all those folks on the beach are gonna get a real air show!

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Coastline sounds like the popular choice so lets do that then. I havnt had time this week to get Active sky or chaseplane for that matter installed, so I'll be pretty default other than A2A and Orbx again this week. Missing my Active sky greatly, can't wait to plop that back in its rightful place as the weather for the sim.

I'll see you folks this evening on discord
cheers,
Lewis

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

When I load a saved scenario on P3Dv4.1, everything is exactly the way I saved it. Same aircraft, airport and parking spot, time, and weather (I've got AS4 set for whatever weather that was in place at the historic time for the scenario). The only exception is the default scenario, which starts at the same time as that on my computer. That's great for a flight in my local area, but can be problematic if the flight is somewhere on the other side of the Earth, such as Italy. Right now it's 0915 local time and 1715 Zulu time. It's 1915 local time at Taranto Grottaglie Airport in Italy.

I'm guessing that everybody in the flight will have a different time in the sim at LIBG, based on their actual location. Will you guys just decide on a time and change it when everybody shows up? Or is there an assigned time to load into the sim on startup?

Thank you
ATB

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Paughco wrote:When I load a saved scenario on P3Dv4.1, everything is exactly the way I saved it. Same aircraft, airport and parking spot, time, and weather (I've got AS4 set for whatever weather that was in place at the historic time for the scenario). The only exception is the default scenario, which starts at the same time as that on my computer. That's great for a flight in my local area, but can be problematic if the flight is somewhere on the other side of the Earth, such as Italy. Right now it's 0915 local time and 1715 Zulu time. It's 1915 local time at Taranto Grottaglie Airport in Italy.

I'm guessing that everybody in the flight will have a different time in the sim at LIBG, based on their actual location. Will you guys just decide on a time and change it when everybody shows up? Or is there an assigned time to load into the sim on startup?

Thank you
ATB
In all my other online flying since JoinFS came in to being, we just decide on a time and set it. For this flight I would set 9AM or so at LIBG so as to have some shadows and not be flying into the setting sun or have the sun too high in the sky to wash out the terrain details.

Just load your saved flight and then set the desired time.

Paul

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Just got home, but probably too late to join the server now. Hope you've had a good flight, gentlemen. :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

still flying atm, second and for me final leg of the night, got probably about 40mins to go

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”