A2A Development Update Dec 2017

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
c_prowse
Airman

Re: A2A Development Update Dec 2017

Post by c_prowse »

it's a lot of work I am sure but what wonderful aircraft especially updated to 64 bit!

baptista
Airman

Post by baptista »

my geriatric doctor said that I need emotions in early 2018.
Something like a P-51 Mustang P3Dv4 version, would prolong my stay in this world for a few more years ...

Eugene Kremlev
Senior Airman

Post by Eugene Kremlev »

F5... F5... F5... F5.......... :twisted:

RichardFS
Airman First Class

Post by RichardFS »

Alright, I know the team is working very hard and doesn't like keeping their traps shut until things are ready, but c'mon... don't tell us you'll have something for us in "Late February/Early March" if you're not 100% sure... That window has long passed and even I am getting impatient :evil:

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

RichardFS wrote:Alright, I know the team is working very hard and doesn't like keeping their traps shut until things are ready, but c'mon... don't tell us you'll have something for us in "Late February/Early March" if you're not 100% sure... That window has long passed and even I am getting impatient :evil:
Scott has said “if there’s no delay” and later he stated that ther is in fact a delay which pushed the date back to late March. Or if I remember correctly Scott said he’ll be able to say something in March.

So we’re still in target here :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

There's that, and also Lewis to push for updates. :mrgreen:

-Esa

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

RichardFS wrote:Alright, I know the team is working very hard and doesn't like keeping their traps shut until things are ready, but c'mon... don't tell us you'll have something for us in "Late February/Early March" if you're not 100% sure... That window has long passed and even I am getting impatient :evil:
I'm pretty sure it is posts like this along with all the others along the same lines that are exactly why A2A do not give us any information on upcoming releases. :lol:

I am looking forward to the next aircraft too and am pretty sure they are doing their best to get it out, not only because it's what they do but I figure they like to make money also. Lucky for us they believe in quality before quantity. Remember, "Good things come to he who waits" as they say. :mrgreen:
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

jeepinforfun wrote:I'm pretty sure it is posts like this along with all the others along the same lines that are exactly why A2A do not give us any information on upcoming releases. :lol:
Yeah, I think so to. But imagine the horror of having to fly our Cessna 182s or Comanche 250s for another whole week; OH THE HUMANITY!!!

:D

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Buffy Foster wrote:
jeepinforfun wrote:I'm pretty sure it is posts like this along with all the others along the same lines that are exactly why A2A do not give us any information on upcoming releases. :lol:
Yeah, I think so to. But imagine the horror of having to fly our Cessna 182s or Comanche 250s for another whole week; OH THE HUMANITY!!!

:D
LOL, life can be cruel. :lol:
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

simnettpratt
Airman

Post by simnettpratt »

It's going to be a Piper Aerostar. Light prop twin made from '67-'84, with 1010 made. Comes with three different engines (as Scott has hinted), a pair of 290hp Lycoming IO-540-Ks, later two turbo 290 hp Lycoming TIO-540-AA1A5s, later TIO-540-U2As. This is from the wiki, so I can't guarantee it's truthfulness.

Also, just found a pic Scott posted of him draining the hydraulic fluid from an Aerostar and SAYING he wants to accusim this aircraft. Here's the pic Scott posted and a wiki pic of an Aerostar. You can buy your own on controller.com for $85,000 for a 77 601P, to $495,000 for an 84 700P.

wonganna
Airman Basic

Post by wonganna »

simnettpratt wrote:It's going to be a Piper Aerostar. Light prop twin made from '67-'84, with 1010 made. Comes with three different engines (as Scott has hinted), a pair of 290hp Lycoming IO-540-Ks, later two turbo 290 hp Lycoming TIO-540-AA1A5s, later TIO-540-U2As. This is from the wiki, so I can't guarantee it's truthfulness.
Scott mentioned the engine options as STCs, not variations of the plane. Also, two different tip tanks are expected. I don't believe the Aerostar is coming now...

Anna L Wong

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

simnettpratt wrote:It's going to be a Piper Aerostar
Scott pretty directly shot down the Aerostar earlier in this thread. I would take him at his word that it's not the "undisclosed project".

simnettpratt
Airman

Post by simnettpratt »

Dang, thought I had it. Was all happy when I found the pic of Scott saying he wanted to accusim the Aerostar he has owned the past two years. Oh well.

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Well, dang then. But whatever they make I know will be real good. I don't have any military planes, but maybe a B-25 would be real cool to have. :)

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

A B-25 would be perfect, completes the NA trio with the T-6 and P-51 (hopefully soon!).

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”