Whole world bouncing in shared cockpit in P3D2 MP

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Demious
Airman First Class

Whole world bouncing in shared cockpit in P3D2 MP

Post by Demious »

My system has two monitors, one for a main view, outside of the cockpit (also used to pan around the cockpit for all controls that arent on the main part of the panel), and one for the basic-6 part of panel in the VC. Problem is that this cuts my frame rate in half, so I've set up a LAN connection.
I've been looking into P3D's multichannel, but this doesnt seem to exist anymore and is replaced by connecting through multi-player shared cockpit function.

For most aircraft this works fine, but with the C182 I'm running into trouble, the whole world of the client pc bounces up and down as soon as the engine is running.

I'm connecting through 'Direct to IP'.
I've opened the firewall completely for P3D, once with TCP and once with UDP, on both computers for inbound and outbound.
I've set up a static IP addresses on both computers.
I've forwarded ports 6112-6122 on my router for both TCP and UDP.
I've shared all P3D folders from both computers and opened security to 'Full Control' for 'Authenticated Users' and 'Everyone'.
I've also shared the C-drive for both computers with the same security setting.

What am I missing to get this working properly?

Cheers,
Maarten
Last edited by Demious on 15 May 2015, 07:39, edited 1 time in total.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: Whole world bouncing in shared cockpit in P3D2 MP

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Does it work fine by itself without shared cockpit? No Accusim product is supported for shared cockpit. The net coding simply isn't there because of the additional overhead that runs outside the simulator.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

check the framerates are limited to 30fps. I know this is important in FSX, but it might be the same thing with P3D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Demious
Airman First Class

Post by Demious »

When not in multi-player everything works fine on both computers. It's only in multi-player that this effect starts and only when the engine is running.
Now I wonder... You say that A2A aircraft arent for shared cockpit, but for P3D that is the way to get more views into the same cockpit over networked computers, since multichannel was dropped.
If multi-player with shared cockpit isnt the way to go, how do you setup a system like this? I see plenty of pictures of similar cockpits and LM confirms that my setup is quite common.

My FPS is limited at 60, according to Nick Needham's P3D tuning advise, but I'll check what 30FPS will do.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Demious wrote:When not in multi-player everything works fine on both computers. It's only in multi-player that this effect starts and only when the engine is running.
Now I wonder... You say that A2A aircraft arent for shared cockpit, but for P3D that is the way to get more views into the same cockpit over networked computers, since multichannel was dropped.
If multi-player with shared cockpit isnt the way to go, how do you setup a system like this? I see plenty of pictures of similar cockpits and LM confirms that my setup is quite common.

My FPS is limited at 60, according to Nick Needham's P3D tuning advise, but I'll check what 30FPS will do.
As far as I know this problem is only there in multiplayer. try it see what happens :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Sorry, shared cockpit has never worked properly on any FSX platform with Accusim. The default net code supplied to the platform does not include data transfer for Accusim. Until A2A is either able to do it through a peer to peer connection system (unlikely), or Lockheed expands the net code to include other factors and A2A introduces the code into the system, it's just not going to happen. Basic aircraft function fine, and the A2A birds will perform well on their own, but there will always be synchronization issues in shared cockpit because the data isn't shared, such as aircraft hours, maintenance, condition, etc., which are all unique to the individual installations.

In an effort to get "views" inside the cockpit, where you do not necessarily need to have others interact with the environment (although, still possible with some programs), I would recommend an application like Team Viewer. You set it up on the network and share your desktop to the viewers.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Demious
Airman First Class

Post by Demious »

I tried with locked 30 FPS, but that doesnt make any difference, unfortunately.

What seems strange to me is that my type of setup is quite common and it's not something a simple gamer would build. So it must be the more serious flightsimmers who use a setup like mine and I assume the more serious flightsimmers use the more serious aircraft and then is A2A one of first names that comes up, what makes me think there must be more people out there who know how to do this, but so far I havent been able to find any...

Do you know, by any chance, if Team Viewer extends the desktop, as in does it make it possible to a place a different windows on the second monitor, or does it simply copy the main desktop with the current window that is shown? I dont interact with my panel monitor, is solely used for monitoring gauges.
I've been looking at Saitek gauges for my panel, but, same as with panel builder, the panel doesnt represent the type of panel from the aircraft I'm flying and that really brakes the experience of flying that particular aircraft for me. That's why I chose for a second monitor build into my hardware panel.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Demious wrote:I tried with locked 30 FPS, but that doesnt make any difference, unfortunately.

What seems strange to me is that my type of setup is quite common and it's not something a simple gamer would build. So it must be the more serious flightsimmers who use a setup like mine and I assume the more serious flightsimmers use the more serious aircraft and then is A2A one of first names that comes up, what makes me think there must be more people out there who know how to do this, but so far I havent been able to find any...

Do you know, by any chance, if Team Viewer extends the desktop, as in does it make it possible to a place a different windows on the second monitor, or does it simply copy the main desktop with the current window that is shown? I dont interact with my panel monitor, is solely used for monitoring gauges.
I've been looking at Saitek gauges for my panel, but, same as with panel builder, the panel doesnt represent the type of panel from the aircraft I'm flying and that really brakes the experience of flying that particular aircraft for me. That's why I chose for a second monitor build into my hardware panel.
Unfortunately, it isn't terribly common, and I would consider you a power user of the software, but that's also kind of the purpose of P3D. But yeah, it was never designed to work that way, and so Microsoft never built it to be complex enough to handle the kinds of things that Accusim does. Accusim was actually built to surpass the original coding of FSX to provide a higher complexity to the aircraft far beyond what Microsoft originally envisioned. Most companies that have developed this way suffer from the same problems in shared cockpit.

Team viewer should be able to extend to multiple desktops, or specific monitors, or whatever you want if I recall correctly. You should be able to, on the fly, switch between monitors, both monitors, etc.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Demious
Airman First Class

Post by Demious »

Just a thought... If I use a program that extends the desktop to a second computer, isnt it still the CPU from the main computer that renders the frames with the second computer only projecting what the first has rendered?

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Demious wrote:Just a thought... If I use a program that extends the desktop to a second computer, isnt it still the CPU from the main computer that renders the frames with the second computer only projecting what the first has rendered?
Let me see if I can answer that adequately. As far as I know, most of these programs use DirectX or some proprietary software to render the image. They don't tie up a tone of CPU cycles, so you shouldn't notice any huge drops in frame rates though. So, it seems that yes, what you said is correct. What hurts programs like this is having a bad network connection. A direct network should provide pretty streaming fast images for the receiving computer. Tie that up over the internet, and you won't have high definition and some choppiness. There probably will be a touch of lag either way on the receiving end.

I've shared my screen with others while using FS and Team Viewer. It worked pretty well I think. I believe there is a lot of software out there nowadays that can do the same job, but I have no idea what they might be. The only problem you will find, unless there is software that interacts better than what I've seen, is that the receiver, while able to use the mouse and some of the basic functions, might not have the ability to share thinks like joysticks over the network. In other words, if the receiver had a joystick, and wanted to control your plane, it might not function. Don't quote me on that, as I've never tried it. The software is generally designed to allow basic commands, and be able to share things like PowerPoint slides, or basic environments. It is pretty helpful when fixing other people's computers remotely though, as using the software I can maneuver their mouse, and access menus etc., as if I was sitting there with you.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Demious
Airman First Class

Post by Demious »

Thanks for all the info. I've found a few more, next to Team Viewer and I'm going to experiment a bit with those and see what it can do for me.

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”