Seeing the correct aircraft in multiplayer

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Swildons
Airman Basic

Seeing the correct aircraft in multiplayer

Post by Swildons »

I do a fair amount of “on-line”/multiplayer flying (VATSIM etc) and am often in company with friends who are flying one of your products.
However if they are flying (for example) your Spitfire my set-up shows it as the default “flexiwing microlight”. – Hardly a good advert for your product!

The only way I will be able to see an accurate representation of your product currently is to purchase and install aircraft that I probably have no interest in actually flying. – To me this would be a waste of money, and, as this would apply to my friends for any product I might purchase, actually acts as a deterrent to making any purchases!

May I offer a potential solution?
It should be technically feasible to produce a “non-flyable” version of your aircraft (i.e. no instrument panels, and/or cockpit canopies that are opaque from the inside) that externally can accept the same texture files. – Could these be packaged as part of your product with permission for purchasers to distribute to their friends who will then be able to truly appreciate the artistry of your creations?

tgycgijoes
Airman

Re: Seeing the correct aircraft in multiplayer

Post by tgycgijoes »

I think this is a really good question. I think there is some way to do this or something like it because for a while I was a member of the USN virtual unit CVW3 which flies the VRS Superbug (FA18 Hornet) and they would supply those of us who flew other aircraft with a non-flyable version of the 'bug to add into our FSX simobjects airplanes so that we could see them when flying with them online which is the only way we all flew and not have to buy an aircraft we were not using.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Seeing the correct aircraft in multiplayer

Post by n421nj »

I remember saying that I would never buy the spitfire because it just didn't interest me. Then I picked up the civ mustang and loved it. That led to the mil p51 then the p40 and then the spitfire. I'd look more into why your friends like the aircraft so much.. Give it a try and you may find that you like it. Yes the warbirds are terrible in ifr conditions but flying online with friends in formation is tons of fun.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”