VATSIM

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
chrisjk24
Airman Basic

VATSIM

Post by chrisjk24 »

Check me out i'll be on cruzin in the piper around my hometown. Welcome to join me @ KTPL

CID 811892 Callsign N37TX

greekblood
Airman Basic

Re: VATSIM

Post by greekblood »

What server?

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Does vatsim use fsx for voice communication?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

rjoosterloo
Airman First Class

Post by rjoosterloo »

No, voice communication is integrated in their pilot clients.
For instance, vPilot. http://vpilot.metacraft.com. They use their own voice servers with their own protocol.
Check my overviews of C172, Cherokee 180, C182 Skylane, Comanche 250 and Texan repaints.

Image Image Image

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I'll be on vatsim tonight northeast server. 845 pm est. Doing some hardcore ifr in the Comanche or T6 if anyone wants to join. KASH KFIT KORH KASH
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Cragh04
Airman Basic

Post by Cragh04 »

Hi guys, sorry for what may seem like a silly question, when you switch to Mode C in your chosen VATSIM Connection Client, you provide the controllers with your altitude information. My question is, does the transponder in your aircraft need to be set to ALT for this to work??

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

That is the way I understand it. STBY is selected after you start the aircraft, ALT is selected as you enter the runway for takeoff, ON is selected if ATC wants to eliminate your altitude information ( they may suspect it is erroneous). Some transpondes have a NORM setting in place of ALT which is the Mode C selection in those aircraft. So if ATC ask for Mode C you would set to ALT or NORM.

rjoosterloo
Airman First Class

Post by rjoosterloo »

No, you don't need to switch the transponder in your aircraft to the ALT or NORM setting. The Vatsim connection client transmits the altitude information regardless of the transponder setting in your aircraft. The only setting you need to do on the transponder in your aircraft is your squawkcode.

However, in some addon aircraft, the transponder integrates with the Vatsim connection client, and will set it to mode C when you set the transponder in your aircraft to ON or ALT. This is the most realistic way. I am not sure if A2A aircraft have this feature.
Check my overviews of C172, Cherokee 180, C182 Skylane, Comanche 250 and Texan repaints.

Image Image Image

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”