Hosting a session in FSX, what to do

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Hosting a session in FSX, what to do

Post by Alfredson007 »

Ok. Me and my friend would like to create a private 2 player internet game through the internet, the goal is to show him first hand how to operate the plane etc. Both of us can join somebody else's session, but neither can host one.

We have tried with software firewall disabled, i have tried to disable the NAT from my router, actually my router has pre-config for FS2002, 2004 that opens the same ports that FSX uses, but still no go....

Is there any ways around this? Something to check, or some 3rd party hosting software? Simplicity is the key. And the goal is SHARED COCKPIT.

Huge thanks!

simpo690
Airman Basic

Re: Hosting a session in FSX, what to do

Post by simpo690 »

Hi! Did your friend also open the ports? Me and my friend both have to have the FSX ports open, otherwise it wouldn't allow us to join each others sessions.

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

If it's shared cockpit you want with A2A aircraft it is not available
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

simpo690 wrote:Hi! Did your friend also open the ports? Me and my friend both have to have the FSX ports open, otherwise it wouldn't allow us to join each others sessions.
Software yes, hardware (router) no ...

but does this really matter, as long as he is just joining the session? he can join other sessions just fine...

simpo690
Airman Basic

Post by simpo690 »

Alfredson007 wrote:
simpo690 wrote:Hi! Did your friend also open the ports? Me and my friend both have to have the FSX ports open, otherwise it wouldn't allow us to join each others sessions.
Software yes, hardware (router) no ...

but does this really matter, as long as he is just joining the session? he can join other sessions just fine...
Not entirely sure, but I think it might. Me and my friend could join public sessions but not each others private sessions until our ports were open on the router. Give it a try if you can, It may fix your problem. :D As for the shared cockpit. It probably isnt supported, but I bet most things will sync easy enough. I've never tried it myself though.

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”