Multiplayer in FSX

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
jersey
Airman Basic

Multiplayer in FSX

Post by jersey »

Anyone else having trouble getting into Multiplayer in FSX? I have not used it for a long time, is it still available?

John

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Re: Multiplayer in FSX

Post by A-26Invader »

Microsoft dropped GameSpy
ImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You have to connect direct via IP or use 3rd party stuff like fshost now
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jersey
Airman Basic

Post by jersey »

jersey wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting into Multiplayer in FSX? I have not used it for a long time, is it still available?

John
Thanks for reply, pity really it could be good when not too many kids were mucking about.

I am well into War Thunder now , also can be absorbing!!

fsadventures
Airman Basic

Post by fsadventures »

FSADVENTURES FLIGHT COMMUNITY
Vintage,Realistic,Flying
http://WWW.FSADVENTURES.ORG
Vince B.
678-993-9999

Joey
Airman First Class

Post by Joey »

jersey wrote:
jersey wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting into Multiplayer in FSX? I have not used it for a long time, is it still available?

John
Thanks for reply, pity really it could be good when not too many kids were mucking about.

I am well into War Thunder now , also can be absorbing!!
I LOVE War Thunder! Still didn't keep me from buying my beloved B-17. I usually play War Thunder because that's the only place where I can find the vintage Russian planes [ie Pe-2 or IL-4]
-Иосиф

Спасибо!

jersey
Airman Basic

Post by jersey »

Hello.

War Thunder has gone wrong, many of us now can not log into it as there is a fault and I have been playing around trying to find a way to get into it with no success, so I have downloaded Cliffs of Dover, an entirely different kettle of fish, much more complicated but early days for me yet.

Euan Emblin
Airman First Class

Post by Euan Emblin »

As an experienced flyer within CloD I can confirm that you have made a very wise choice. Currently, it stands as the highest fidelity combat flight simulator available. There are two others in development right now, Il2-Battle of Stalingrad and DCS Europe 1944 both of which will be very polished indeed, especially with reference to flight modelling and terrain. Honestly, War Thunder is much more of an arcade game rather than simulation. I think the great facet of FSX and Prepar3d is the procedural nature of the flying within these sims and this is what is being addressed now in DCS - warbirds which are to be flown by the numbers and checklists.

André
Airman First Class

Post by André »

There was too many ppl following/crashing into each other on fs multi imo. So I joined VATSIM instead. Anyone have experience with A2A+VAT? I'm having fatal errors :(

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

André wrote:There was too many ppl following/crashing into each other on fs multi imo. So I joined VATSIM instead. Anyone have experience with A2A+VAT? I'm having fatal errors :(
Its best to turn crash detection OFF in FSX, esp when in a multi-player environment.

thanks,
Lewis

André
Airman First Class

Post by André »

Yes, I noticed that fast. But I wanted to have it on so I know when I hit three tops, and would have to pay for it(AirHauler). Quickly learned that this was not a good thing to have enabled with the C172 trainer though. I suppose everything should be disabled in realism settings with this AC.

On a side note,
I was on base leg and the crosswind pushed me towards a mountain top, forcing me down. Lack of throttle and deflection into the wind I guess, greenhorn that I am.. Anyway, when landing in that mountain slope, after stopping to a full hault, I saw this flight as a failed one and shut down. Thereby entered the maintenance hanger. Brakes, flaps and several components were yellowed out and needed repairs. The damage management seems to be a real treat.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its always best to turn it OFF during multi-player flying. Otherwise its dead easy to end up crashing, it only takes a bit of lag online and then whack crashed into another aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”