Formation Flying

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Glider
Airman

Formation Flying

Post by Glider »

We have a group of guys in our squad that are trying to do some formation flying in the Accusim P-51. Anytime we get into close formation the aircraft starts "shimmering". Any ideas on how to fix this?

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Re: Formation Flying

Post by A-26Invader »

I believe that the "shimmering" is just server lag. First thing that came to my head.
ImageImageImage

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

Glider wrote:We have a group of guys in our squad that are trying to do some formation flying in the Accusim P-51. Anytime we get into close formation the aircraft starts "shimmering". Any ideas on how to fix this?

Do you have " Crash On " if off then you will get this I believe..

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Air_Wolf wrote:
Glider wrote:We have a group of guys in our squad that are trying to do some formation flying in the Accusim P-51. Anytime we get into close formation the aircraft starts "shimmering". Any ideas on how to fix this?

Do you have " Crash On " if off then you will get this I believe..
I don't think that has any bearing on it. Sounds more like a server bandwidth issue.

The 91st Bombardment Group flies multiple A2A Accu-sim type aircraft in close formation on the
Digital Theme Park servers and rarely experiences any 'stuttering' or 'warping' that wasn't
induced by individuals forgetting to turn off their periodic email checks or switching to some
outside views or taking screenshots with slow disk access.

Last Saturday we flew 16 A2A B-17's, a A2A P-47 and P51 on a 5 hours mission and there were
no jitters, stutters or warps and we all have crashes turned off as often our formations get VERY close
and the crash box size would whack too many planes.

The good server bandwidth and the clients internet connection quality will be the biggest contributor to
smooth multi-player flying. Using FSHost, you will get stutters for sure.
Paul
i7-4790K @4.4Ghz OC - ASUS Z97-A- 16GB Corsair 1600mHz - GTX 760 2GB
240GB + 500GB EVO SSD's - 2x500GB and 1x2TB WD Black 7200 RPM drives

Glider
Airman

Post by Glider »

We figured it out- we were running unlimited frame rates once we set them to fixed smoothed right out. Thanks for the ideas though. Running the server with 25Mb down and 5Mb up so it wasn't that.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glider wrote:We figured it out- we were running unlimited frame rates once we set them to fixed smoothed right out. Thanks for the ideas though. Running the server with 25Mb down and 5Mb up so it wasn't that.
Thats good information to know, thanks for sharing the fix. Ive never heard it before
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

Glider wrote:We figured it out- we were running unlimited frame rates once we set them to fixed smoothed right out. Thanks for the ideas though. Running the server with 25Mb down and 5Mb up so it wasn't that.

Nice find... :D

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”