GS Connect?

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

GS Connect?

Post by svaughn01 »

Anyone else having a problem conecting to game spy in multiplayer? When I click "sign in" it does nothing.

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Re: GS Connect?

Post by svaughn01 »

svaughn01 wrote:Anyone else having a problem conecting to game spy in multiplayer? When I click "sign in" it does nothing.

Never mind, just found my answere....Looks like its gone for good.

http://www.fsxbeyondgamespy.com/news.html

bradley.dill
Airman Basic

Post by bradley.dill »

Hey Guys,

Great that you found this link! That site is a resource to help FSX users seeking alternative options learn about the various communities that provide realistic operations and immersive ATC. I'm one of the developers of the site -- so cool to see it being posted already.

The big news is that the GameSpy-powered component of Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) multiplayer was decommissioned on December 6, 2012. It is now official that GameSpy will no longer be supporting the FSX title and that users of FSX will need to turn elsewhere to connect with each other. Over the past six years, many communities have relied on GameSpy to host multiplayer sessions with FSX and allow their users to connect with one another. Now that we no longer have GameSpy, we all need to act together to save our hobby and ensure multiplayer remains alive through Direct Connect.

Please continue to help us spread the word and support multiplayer together!

http://www.fsxbeyondgamespy.com/

bradley.dill
Airman Basic

Post by bradley.dill »

Sorry it posted twice.

Bradley

Pac
Airman First Class
Location: On your B-17s wing.....putting a vice grip on your fuel line.

Post by Pac »

What I don't like is there was no warning to the shutdown. They could have sent mass e-mail to gamespy subscribers alerting the public of shutdown.
Image ImageImage
Cross your eyes for a 3-D effect.

Ryan B.

Vaga
Airman

Post by Vaga »

Shutting down the gamespy servers is another bad decision by Microsoft in my opinion. MS Flight was and is a flop because it was a video game not a simulator. If Microsoft would have supported the FSX comunity more by releasing updates and continuing to build on FSX they could have had more money.

In the end I think the greed got to them and they wanted the money that companies like A2A are getting for expansions/addons yet they don't want to enter the scenery or airplane market and compete in a fair market. They wanted to take a a chunck or money from every 3rd party developer and every user without providing anything other than a Microsoft certified logo.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

Is there any way to create a server without GS?
ImageImageImage

Vaga
Airman

Post by Vaga »

You can use Direct Connect/Local Network Host built into FSX.
You can use FSHost (You would need a 3rd party chat software to get voice)
You can use FSOpen Software to Host o find a Direct connect.
You could join VATSIM or one of the other large hosting groups. (They tend to be more strict and might not like it if you decide to bomb/attack something.) So if you decide you want to bomb Mexico, Canada, or shoot down some UFO's over Roswell VATSIM might not be a good rout.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

Vaga wrote:You can use Direct Connect/Local Network Host built into FSX.
You can use FSHost (You would need a 3rd party chat software to get voice)
You can use FSOpen Software to Host o find a Direct connect.
You could join VATSIM or one of the other large hosting groups. (They tend to be more strict and might not like it if you decide to bomb/attack something.) So if you decide you want to bomb Mexico, Canada, or shoot down some UFO's over Roswell VATSIM might not be a good rout.
I don't plan on bombing anyone but that is useful information in case I am forced to choose that route. Thanks Vaga
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”