FREE A2A Dedicated Server!

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
goldenerafc
Airman

FREE A2A Dedicated Server!

Post by goldenerafc »

Come one! Come All!

GOLDEN ERA FLIGHT CLUB

My name is Jeremy Elliott, recently i was searching through the forums for a fix on an item. During the search my attention got diverted on an old forgotten post i dug up through the search engine on the forums. I noticed that so many pilots were obssesed as well as myself, for a flying club to be able to share their passion for the stratocruiser. In this post someone got pretty close to starting something, and then it went forgotten.

Here is what im offering! I have setup a FREE dedicated server (using FSHost) for FS2004/FSX Pilots to share some airspace together. I have also setup a completely FREE dedicated voice server through teamspeak (TS2).

If there is a big enough buzz on this proect i have started ill deffinitly create a website for the club, so. Lets ust say this is beta period. So dont expect to log into FSHost and there be 20 people online at any time, however spread the word. Its not ust for A2A Customers, however! It was built primarily for the A2A Customer. For now ill share the login info below, and ill check the activity from time to time. Rest assured, I will be on there flying with you all!

Heres whats going on in my head. If we can blow up this server and get it going, and the A2A Administration gets involved enough, even with ust testing aircraft on the server and all for the audiances. We can get some quality 1on1 time, question and answer times and events such as that. Im willing to give all A2A Simulations Dev Team admin rights on everything from teamspeak to FSHost. Im thinking that if we utilize this server, not just for flying only in it, but a way to meet up with our fellow pilots and maybe be able to switch on the fly to other places such as VATSIM together. On the fly, instead of hoping we can time something via messenger or mass forum posting.

My server is YOUR server, this means EVERYONE has some input and say into this server. I dont want donations, i dont want membership fees. Im doing this for my love of computers/flying, and for my fellow pilots alike!

So here it goes the information is provided below.

---------------Connection Info---------------------

Connection information isprovided on the website, given that you sign-up for the club.

--------------Connection Info----------------------

------------------------------------------Downloads--------------------------------------------------

Download Links:
FSX FSHost Connector:
http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost ... ent1.1.zip

Teamspeak 2:
ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/teams ... 2_2032.exe

-------------------------------------------Downloads--------------------------------------------------

Conact Info:
[email protected]
Last edited by goldenerafc on 15 Oct 2011, 11:07, edited 3 times in total.

goldenerafc
Airman

Re: FREE Flying Club for A2A Pilots!

Post by goldenerafc »

New website has been built, too see it go to:

www.goldenerafc.webs.com

goldenerafc
Airman

Post by goldenerafc »

ok so we are needing a little more activity, ive so far had one active user (Burnett) and i have had a visitor on Teamspeak 2 (J Paul). So here is what i suggest myself, i think we should have a fly in, or some sort of event. Again, this is not just my server its EVERYONE's. Suggestions are highly encouraged. If you guys could give me times, event subects, etc. Let me know what you guys are thinking or wanting and ill start planning.

goldenerafc
Airman

Post by goldenerafc »

Just wanted to report that the server has been reset. There will be a server reset everyday between 10:00am and 10:30am Eastern Standard Time.

goldenerafc
Airman

Post by goldenerafc »

If anyone has connection issues please post them here, or PM me with the connection error, or any other information.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Looking forward to trying this, ill hopefully get some time over the weekend, though the weather in the UK has gone totally AWOL, and apparently mother nauture says its summer, so I might end up outside lal weekend. If not ill be online in the week. 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

goldenerafc
Airman

Post by goldenerafc »

sounds good lewis, are you connecting to the server as Echo Tango? or ZAPH5700?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: FREE A2A Dedicated Server!

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Not me, I tend to just stick to my name, either lewis-a2a or somesuch
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

goldenerafc
Airman

Post by goldenerafc »

well i had two names right after i saw this post trying to connect and i think they were having connection time out issues... or amybe they were randoms trying to connect without a password lol, gotten that a coupla times. if you wouldnt mind you guys over in the dev team connecting with your names in it like you suggested A2A - lewis for example, it helps out alot when people are forum identified. Anyways, im about to head to work i have the sim running and server, and i hope the b377 doesnt run outta gas on my journey between honolulu and san fran ;) lol! ill be back on tonight!

Jake - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Jake - A2A »

what the ip for fshost?

goldenerafc
Airman

Post by goldenerafc »

I see you figured out the server information jakey lol

Just and update post>>>>>
The website has had an events calender setup and members will be allowed to post events! so signup on the website... its super simple and not a load of annyoing questions! you guys jump in and setup events, there will be a forums page comming soon when i get around to building it up! thanks for allll the support guys we are building alot of activity considering its only been up 4 days! im loving it!!!!!!!

goldenerafc
Airman

Post by goldenerafc »

****UNABLE TO CONNECT TO OTHER PLAYERS****

If your here because of this issue. Not to worry, wwe have fixed the issue!!!!! provided, you have access to the router you are using.

Background:

A few of the server members where having this error pop up and were unable to get on the server if there were other people online. However, once the people already online left, they were able to connect.... Problem.... nobody else could while that individual was online.

The issue seems to be with peoples routers and the ports within. When certain ports are closed, information cannot be passed to your computer or to someone elses. After many hours of trial and error, i have finaly found the manual that tells all. Please see the link below read it over and research (if you dont already know how) on how to open your router ports.

people using wifi hotspots may or maynot see these issues as well, and unless its your wifi hot spot or somehow you can access the router admin on the wifi, your stuck with the issues...

Check out this link to fix your issues and get flying!!!!

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/multiplayer.html

Rarebear

Post by Rarebear »

it would be cool to do some fly ins and maybe some races like in reno or cross country. Of course we would have to be honest since there is no way to do qualify or dictate with fshost. and please keep it fshost. we could stipulate some rules and then just race for the heck of it you know. maybe some different classes of races.

goldenerafc
Airman

Post by goldenerafc »

thats the cool thing about it rarebear... the fshost 3.2 actually has a racing setup but its from airport to airport... i just have to set it up, and we def. will have fly ins and things of that sort its all in the calender on the website!

Hoogs
Airman

Post by Hoogs »

Ty for the server and all the help with getting setup to play online. ~S~
CPU- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
GPU- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4 GB
RAM- 16 GB 0215 @ 1333 MHz
OS- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Motherboard- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-PRO GAMER (SOCKET 1150)

ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”