Cockpit noise in MP

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Sabre
Airman

Cockpit noise in MP

Post by Sabre »

Hi guys

New here and quite new to FSX and A2A. I've just started to try out flying A2A P47, Spitfire and more recently the B17 in multiplayer. Myself and a couple of other A2A flyers have been joining up and flying the P47's using TS3 for comms. Trouble is we're having difficulty hearing each other on TS when inside the cockpit. It's not so bad if you jump to external view but that really ruins the immersion level significantly.

We've tried adjusting settings in FSX and we've tried adjusting the volume level in accusim but they don't seem to be having much effect. It could be just schoolboy error on my behalf :roll: but any suggestions or input would be appreciated. I figure that there must be something I can adjust as it seems a number of you are flying A2A aircarft in MP.

On a separate note is there any type of regular get together for flying MP, would be real cool to see the skies full of A2A Warbirds

Cheers
Sabre
ImageImageImage

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cockpit noise in MP

Post by Norforce »

Hi Sabre
Its not hard to find look under General Discussion/ Multiplayer

We fly every weekend :-)

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 79&t=21872
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Sabre
Airman

Post by Sabre »

Norforce wrote:Hi Sabre

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. I don't think I could join up yet though until I fathom out the cockpit noise level so I can hear people on TS.

Regards
Sabre
ImageImageImage

DHC120
Airman First Class

Post by DHC120 »

Sabre wrote:
Norforce wrote:Hi Sabre

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. I don't think I could join up yet though until I fathom out the cockpit noise level so I can hear people on TS.

Regards
Sabre

Sabre;
I just went thru the same thing.. Norforce Helped me find the issue (he & I were on TeamSpeak 3, you do NOT need to be in Multiplayer to talk to each other)..
Anyway, I set-up my computer so the "plane noises" would come thru the Computer Speakers and TeamSpeak would only come thru my Headset.. This allows you to still hear the plane and crew with your headset is strictly "Comms" between the pilots..
Makes life a LOT easier..
Charles

Sabre
Airman

Post by Sabre »

DHC120 wrote:Sabre;
I just went thru the same thing.. Norforce Helped me find the issue (he & I were on TeamSpeak 3, you do NOT need to be in Multiplayer to talk to each other)..
Anyway, I set-up my computer so the "plane noises" would come thru the Computer Speakers and TeamSpeak would only come thru my Headset.. This allows you to still hear the plane and crew with your headset is strictly "Comms" between the pilots..
Makes life a LOT easier..
Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately due to the physical location of my rig I have to use headphones pretty much all of the time. I might get away with that set-up with flights during the day (real world day) but at night when I have most time for flying I have to use the headset.

Thanks for your help anyway - I appreciate it.

Regards
Sabre
ImageImageImage

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

I use a headset and have both the FSX and TS sounds coming through my primary sound device.

I plug my headset into the headphone jack on one of my 6:1 speakers which mutes the speakers.

I can adjust the volume of the two sources independently. In TS under :Settings", "Options"
you will see an icon for "Playback" on the left. Selecting that will allow you to adjust the TS
volume without affecting the FSX sounds.

I would try reducing your FSX sound level to an acceptable point and then try cranking your
TS level up in the TS Options panel.
Paul
i7-4790K @4.4Ghz OC - ASUS Z97-A- 16GB Corsair 1600mHz - GTX 760 2GB
240GB + 500GB EVO SSD's - 2x500GB and 1x2TB WD Black 7200 RPM drives

Sabre
Airman

Post by Sabre »

Gypsy Baron wrote:I use a headset and have both the FSX and TS sounds coming through my primary sound device.

I plug my headset into the headphone jack on one of my 6:1 speakers which mutes the speakers.

I can adjust the volume of the two sources independently. In TS under :Settings", "Options"
you will see an icon for "Playback" on the left. Selecting that will allow you to adjust the TS
volume without affecting the FSX sounds.

I would try reducing your FSX sound level to an acceptable point and then try cranking your
TS level up in the TS Options panel.
Thanks for your input, I've managed to get the sound to some kind of manageable level and then boosting TS3 as you advised. I've had to put the FSX sound levels down to about 15 with TS3 boosted to 6.0db which seems excessive but I'll work with it.

Thanks for your help
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”