B-17 team race and dead reckoning contest - debriefing!

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Elington
Senior Airman

B-17 team race and dead reckoning contest - debriefing!

Post by Elington »

And the winners are... fun, good spirit, dedication, fair play... As I was switching between the different TS sub-channels it was really great listening to you guys all focused on the nav, planning, checking and cross-checking... Thumbs up Gentlemen :)

All teams made it to the destination airport relying solely on dead reckoning navigation, cheating was not possible, even the A2A on-board moving map was useless! Special kuddos to our winners Frippe, MacBain, Markthepolo and Desperado from the 91st who demonstrated really impressive skills. They were spot on all along the way and landed with 20 gals left!

The roster:
Team #1: Frippe69, MacBain, Markthepolo, D3sp3rad0z
Team #3: Cpt_Romain, Binky, DHC120, AirLarry
Team #4: Starbuq, Maj.Bates, Janus
team #2 could not make it but we had Spad_Jockey and Lt.Col.Seatime in the towers to welcome the Forts at the destination

The beautiful "91st Racing Team" red livery was made by D3sp3rad0z (teams #1 and #4 from the 91st)

The rules of the game:

Ready for take off at "X00A" (team #1 close and Cpt_Romain from team #3 in the distance). Team #4 was starting from "X00B"

About half an hour into the race:

Look at the KIAS! It was not that easy to transition between the groups, even in a learjet!

Seems like team #1 is getting ahead

"Fluffy clouds" :wink: FEW 1/8 coverage that made things a bit more difficult

Oh oh, two teams on the same track, someone got lured into a trap here :twisted:

Nice formation turn

The learjet proved very useful to re-spawn dropped players in the air with their team. However I had - hum - to slow down a little first or the Fort would overspeed. Sorry guys :oops:

Team #1 had to slow down to conserve fuel, but the situation was not much better behind and unfortunately one crew had to walk a few miles to the airport :)

Our winners landing

Charles starting his approach

You cannot get those insane airspeeds in the B-17 without Accusim kicking in!

And a very long and interesting debriefing at the end: the E6-B rules!

Cpt_Romain taxiing

Well even if I was not racing today I had a very good time and we'll definitely have more of these "dead reckoning races"!

Happy Flying,
David
Last edited by Elington on 25 Jul 2011, 01:50, edited 1 time in total.

Royale_Adio
Senior Airman

Re: B-17 team race and dead reckoning contest - debriefing!

Post by Royale_Adio »

Hi! I'm d3sp3rad0z.

I just wanted to congratulate each and every member that participated in this race. It was a really enjoying flight and I had a blast! I do hope to race again soon!

Thanks again to David for putting up such a wonderful event.

See ya!

DHC120
Airman First Class

Re: B-17 team race and dead reckoning contest - debriefing!

Post by DHC120 »

I believe I can speak for "Team Three", The Cyclones.. The drivers of the B-17's were
"participants", we flew the tracks, found the waypoints and, ultimately, landed at the
correct airport and ON the correct Runway (each team had it's own take-off runway
and destination runway)..
The ONE "Winner" of this event was, no other than Mr. David Elington. This man put in
over two weeks of effort to not only create each team's tracks, but flew each one to
insure they were accurate AND created both the Departure and Arrival airports..
Without David, this event would have never happened!
David deserves more than a couple of beers, so I vote that "Team 91stBG" pony-up
for a bottle of 100 year old Napoleon Brandy.. and not the cheap stuff with a
screw-on cap! ;-}
Charles

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”