A2A Aircraft Races

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
severniae
Senior Airman

A2A Aircraft Races

Post by severniae »

Hi All,

I've been thinking recently. I've never actually tried multiplayer on FSX. However, would certainly be coaxed into it if we had a series of long-distance air races! I have hundreds of hours single player, I think I'm near 300 hours with the B17/B377 and almost at 20 on the spit!

I'm thinking of re-creating the historic routes from the 30's, and maybe even come up with some of our own routes to try for specific racing!

There are a massive bunch of fighters supplied from A2A (for obvious reasons the Accu-Sim versions are most popular! I don't even fly anything else any more!) so we should have a great choice of aircraft. And there's no reason to limit it to fighters. A Spitfire on a long route would have to land for fuel probably 3 times more than a B17!

If anyone is interested in getting something like this started, let's discuss it here and see where it goes!

Many thanks for reading.

Sev.

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Re: A2A Aircraft Races

Post by Erlk0enig »

Hmm, I thought initially about some kind of reno race league for Spit MkI/II.

However, my experience with Multiplayer in FSX is almost equal to zero, due to several connection cutoffs in open multiplayer gamespy sessions. I fall out of a session almost every minute, so I never really followed the issue Multiplayer in FSX... Another item is the ebsence of anti-aliasing during Multiplayer... Why has FSX so many flaws and needs so many workarounds :cry:
Best Regards,
Ralf

R9 7900 X, 64 GB DDR5, RTX4090, HP Reverb G2

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Hi Sev - sounds like fun. I'd be interested.

Mike

tinmanusnr
Airman Basic

Post by tinmanusnr »

Hey that sounds like it would be a ball, I ma new to flight Sims, and just found out about the A2A planes so I will have to aquire them,
and get some flight time so I will at least be able to land without haveing to get a new plane everytime. I am retired Navy and because of my health issues I am pretty well house bound...I have a home built PC, XFX MB, AMD 5800cpu 8gig ram, Nvidia 9500 with 1 gig ddr2, 3terabytes of hard drives, and a Dell 24" flatscreen. I have just about all of MS FS. and alot of the add ons.. In the Navy I was a Parachute Rigger..So was around planes all my career.. Love Planes..
will chk back to see how this goes.. If you need help let me know what I can do..

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Post by mountainhighair »

Very very interested! I have flown a couple of the mail routes and have a special love for anything historical. Getting a route set up where we can frequently come across each other, or scheduled fly-ins, would be lots of fun. I just loaded FSX onto my online computer (my main computer is offline only) for the live weather, but would enjoy flying with others. Lately, I spend all my time in the WoP2 P-51.

Jonno

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

axelcyril wrote:Aircraft Races to between Air wing fighter to the training. Racing is generally give a good confidence to the fight against the enemy country. Aircraft Racing thermals or lifting the warm air pockets to inherit.
I think this is spam - the users signature contains a link.

I like the idea of re-creating historic flights! I like going for the records personally (e.g. Spirit of St. Louis, Emelia Earhart ATW, etc..).

A2A PLLLLLLLLLLLLLEASE CREATE AN ACCUSIM BEECH 18!!!!!!!!

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

b1m2d3
Airman Basic

Post by b1m2d3 »

I realize this thread is almost a month and a half old, but have these events gained any momentum, ie taking place/still taking place?

I'm also interested and would like to know times and dates if possible.

Cheers, :)

Brandon
Brandon

P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Bf109

goldenerafc
Airman

Post by goldenerafc »

hey guys, forget gamespy! i have made us all a server thats open 24/7 for FS2002, FS2004, and FSX all tied in, its on gamespy. If the ring leader of the races wants to setup a race on that server id be happy to give him the admin rights on the server to setup a hop list on there... FSHost allows you to actually setup a route race like that! pm me if your interested in setting something up, im wanting some activity and some regulars. My server is home ran on a high gig speed, so you can even have your aircraft sitting online 24/7 without choking up and slowing down the server. Hope to see you all on there!

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”