Group flight Sunday, December 16th

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
ratty
Technical Sergeant

Group flight Sunday, December 16th

Post by ratty »

If you've not done multiplayer with us before, come and check it out. It really is a lot of fun, occasionally even informative! Information on how to connect can be found here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 79&t=63659

Doctors, man your aircraft!

While in Santiago during a tour of Chile in our Bonanzas and Comanches, we doctors hear of a major medical emergency in Mendoza, Argentina, just a hundred miles away. There are 20,000-foot mountains in the way but, undaunted, we will venture on, determined to find a way through. This is the route I propose; it's about 160 miles. Speak up if you have a better suggestion.

Assemble at Aeropuerto Internacional Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez, SCEL, Santiago, Chile.

Time: 1900 Zulu for 1930 departure

Aircraft: doctor stuff, Comanches and Bonanzas. Of course, I'm sure there are doctors with exotic warbirds, too.

Set local time: 10am (no emergency can possibly interfere with a good breakfast).

Set weather: Fair or Clear; Real if you're feeling adventurous.

Connect on The Skypark server on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A community on Discord.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Group flight Sunday, December 16th

Post by Paughco »

Ratty: Awright!! I opened up LNV and plugged in the origin and the destination airports, then started looking for a least altitude way through the passes. I found a route that keeps you below 12,500 feet (mostly), and uploaded to a @Ratty post on the A2A Multiplayer section on Discord. Looks like fun! Bonanza? Comanche? Both those machines really run out of power at those altitudes. Maybe this doctor will use a Spitfire MkII photo variant. :D Still, the Bonanza would be fun.

When I hear "SCRAMBLE!", this is what I think of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pvzA6-tSqE.

Seeya
ATB
Last edited by Paughco on 11 Dec 2018, 18:39, edited 2 times in total.

Corsair015
Senior Airman

Post by Corsair015 »

LET'S GO!! FLYING DOCTORS SCRAMBLE!!
ImageImageImage
Corsairs Forever!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I pre-ran my suggested route in the Spit. Just landed a few minutes ago. It was pretty easy, having limitless power and oxygen, but there was no freakin' magenta line!! OK, OK, I did have the flight plan loaded and had the Shift+5 map up most of the way. Whatever. It was a breeze. I'll plug your run into LNV and have both ready to go at the designated time and place. Bonanza, I think.

Seeya
ATB

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

I've flown my route in the Bonanza and it worked out fine. There is one spot where you have to get up to 15,000 to clear a pass, but I got back down fairly briskly and suffered no ill effects. It does take a while to get up there, though. I'm game for either, so maybe we'll take a poll on the day. :D

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

Nice setup, I think I can join. I'm brewing on a nice one as well, so if no takers for next week, I'm working it out already ;-)

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Tobus75 wrote:Nice setup, I think I can join. I'm brewing on a nice one as well, so if no takers for next week, I'm working it out already ;-)
That works for me. I loved the Scotland and (especially) the Netherlands flights.

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Yeah you gave a great tour, even if some of us didn't have true earth. :D
AKA "Memey"

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”