Group Flight, April 22nd

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Mustang472218
Airman

Group Flight, April 22nd

Post by Mustang472218 »

Alright guys, I think I've ironed out an island hopping adventure for us this weekend.

Takeoff from runway 09 out of Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci Airport (TJIG) at the usual time of 1900Z and turn heading 123 towards Diego Jiménez Torres Airport (TJFA Permanently closed). After passing TJFA, we'll turn heading 102 for Benjamín Rivera Noriega Airport (CPX). After passing CPX we'll turn to heading 100 for Cyril E. King Airport (TIST). From TIST we'll turn to a heading of 89 for Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport (TUPJ). I propose landing on runway 07 for a short break at TUPJ for fuel and to grab some life rafts since the next 85NM will be over water. 8) After we're stocked up on fuel and supplies, depart runway 07 and turn heading 121 towards Princess Juliana International Airport (TNCM). We'll show the plane spotters at TNCM what they want to see, a formation tower buzz! (Too optimistic :?: :P ), next turn heading 133 for St. Barts (TFFJ) and fly straight in for the steep approach to runway 10.

Total length: 194NM.
Est time to destination: 1h 36m (not counting fuel stop) at 6,000ft and 120kts.

What do you guys think of the route? And now for the most important question... What do we fly? St. Barts is only 2100ft long! The T-6 is do-able, I don't know about the Mustang. Some have reported success with the P-40. What about the Comanche? So many choices! :D

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Group Flight, April 22nd

Post by ratty »

The route is fine, though a little more elaborate than I envisioned. As to the airplane: I've made it in there in the Mustang, but it's tricky. It can be done in the Connie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5YV7mV7PUM. Do we want to have everyone fly the same plane, or can it be "anything by A2A you think you can get into St Barts"?

For the best experience of landing at St Barts you need add-on scenery. There is a nice little freeware version at http://marcoh.gratisim.fr/stbarth.html.

Mustang472218
Airman

Post by Mustang472218 »

Anything by A2A you think you can get into St. Barts sounds like fun. :D

Good call on the freeware St. Barts, Ratty! It is a must!

Per Knudsen
Airman Basic

Post by Per Knudsen »

good advise ? St-Barth rwy 10 think i have try all. 70- 80 knots close to the ground at top before go down to runway full flaps. i simply can brake enough, before runway ends. Fly a2a comanche. See you sunday =)
Per Knudsen - Denmark
Comanche, T-6

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”