Plane crash just after loading

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
atcwiz
Airman Basic

Plane crash just after loading

Post by atcwiz »

Maybe this is due something I can't find on the manual or in the forum, but I can't use the plane because, just after loading, without doing nothing yet, it bends the prop and crashes the engine.
Sometimes after initialization sometimes instantly.
What I forgot to do ?
Thanks

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Plane crash just after loading

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Let us know which simulator platform (FSX, FSX Steam or P3D) you are using, and how you load your flight.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

atcwiz
Airman Basic

Post by atcwiz »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum,

Let us know which simulator platform (FSX, FSX Steam or P3D) you are using, and how you load your flight.

Cheerz,
Will

I use p3d 4 academic
First day after install was all ok and I flew many times the plane

2nd day no more able to do it, each time I load the plane the prop bends and the engine crashes

I made a try loading the plane directly, after another plane default or not or from a saved fly the result is alwas the same: crashed plane or crash after few second.

Last thing I did the 1st day, was a belly landing to see the visual effect. Have I to reset something ?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi atcwiz,

Yes, it sounds like you need to visit the maintenance hangar (Shift 7) and perform a complete overhaul to fix the damage to your Spit. The Spitfire is a complex add-on with a persistent damage model, so it's well worth taking a look at the manuals which can be accessed from the Windows Start Menu.

Thanks,
Nick

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

What Nick said, but you may have to 'Slew', by hitting the Y key a couple of times, the aircraft back onto its undercarriage after the full maintenance because it usually ends up on its nose when I do that.

Steve.

atcwiz
Airman Basic

Post by atcwiz »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi atcwiz,

Yes, it sounds like you need to visit the maintenance hangar (Shift 7) and perform a complete overhaul to fix the damage to your Spit. The Spitfire is a complex add-on with a persistent damage model, so it's well worth taking a look at the manuals which can be accessed from the Windows Start Menu.

Thanks,
Nick
I read the manual (both) but I was looking for a switch or a procedure, I was not looking for a hangar.
Thanks

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”