Multiplayer P3D V4.2 ... issues with Spit

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
robains
Staff Sergeant

Multiplayer P3D V4.2 ... issues with Spit

Post by robains »

I setup a couple of PCs, one with A2A T-6 and the other with the Spit. Aircraft work well when NOT connected to a multiplayer session, but when I connect them I have the following problems with the Spit (HOST):

1. I lose throttle, prop, fuel axis ... throttle doesn't respond to F1 to F4 keys also ... have to use the mouse to move them
2. Aircraft will not budge

I can see the joined T-6 working just fine and I'm able to use the T-6 without issue in the joined session, but not the Spit. Session is a P3D V4.2 to P3D V4.2 (not a mix).

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Re: Multiplayer P3D V4.2 ... issues with Spit

Post by Daube »

Hi Rob, I'd like to use your topic to report a similar kind of conflict, with the Spitfire, but in P3Dv4.3.

We were two players, both using P3Dv4.3, connected with JoinFS.
When using both the same model of Spitfire (like, both with Mk.Ia), our Spit would both flash (visible/not visible) once per second, and the sim menu bar would become unusable during that flash (I had to hurry clicking in between two flashes for that click to work, else the menu would close).

But if we chose a different model (like, one in the Mk.IIa and the other in the Mk.IIb), no problems at all.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Daube wrote: When using both the same model of Spitfire (like, both with Mk.Ia), our Spit would both flash (visible/not visible) once per second,

Obviously a Quantum Physics issue :) :) :)

I've linked this thread to Beta... but multiplayer quirks are already on the radar and have been for a long time. Hopefully the problems can be solved all over again in 64 bit.

regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Thanks for the feedback :D
I'm glad to see the team is looking into that.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”