Spitfire problems with last update.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Spitfire problems with last update.

Post by rosariomanzo »

I'm now on a fresh FSX-A install and starting to reinstall everything, and I noticed a strange behaviour.

Please consider that I'm only installing the Spitfire, I've not yet installed the whole Accusim fleet.
Please also note that I always start with a fresh fsx.cfg to check that the dlls are properly loaded. I tipically delete the [trusted] section of fsx.cfg to keep track of the addons loaded.

If I install the last update after base package and accusim, I have no prop animations and can't access the hangar. I only hear some sound coming from the engine, I can move the controls and access the 2d popups.

So I uninstalled the spitfire and reinstalled the base package and accusim: all is normal and the aircraft is working as expected. During aircraft loading, I'm asked to activate the dll.

Then I've installed the updater, refreshed the fsx.cfg and the aircraft is broken again. Please note that FSX doesn't ask to activate the necessary dll, which I find strange.

May anyone please help? Thanks in advance.
Ros

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Spitfire problems with last update.

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Ros,

Could you explain, what do you mean by "refresh" the fsx.cfg?
If you install the latest updater and do not do the "refresh" does it work OK?

If am not mistaken you have installed the Spit twice already since you reinstalled your FSX-A. I would delete the client.wyc located under
\A2A\WOP3_Sipfire\Update_fsx\client.wyc - (not exact path) and run the latest updater again, without touching the fsx.cfg afterwords and test the bird.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi Ros,

Could you explain, what do you mean by "refresh" the fsx.cfg?
If you install the latest updater and do not do the "refresh" does it work OK?

If am not mistaken you have installed the Spit twice already since you reinstalled your FSX-A. I would delete the client.wyc located under
\A2A\WOP3_Sipfire\Update_fsx\client.wyc - (not exact path) and run the latest updater again, without touching the fsx.cfg afterwords and test the bird.

Cheerz,
Will
Ciao Will
As explained, I noticed that after the first *complete* install (base+accusim+updater), without touching the fsx.cfg, FSX did not ask to enable the relevant dll (wop3s.dll?). This should not happen.

By removing the entries in the [trusted] section of fsx.cfg I force the sim to ask again for all the addon dlls. It is something I often do to keep the fsx.cfg clean and has never led to unpredictable sim behaviour.

If I install only base + accusim, FSX regularly asks for dll activation. If I install the accusim updater, FSX does not ask for dll activation. This happens with both "refreshed" and "non refreshed" fsx.cfg.

I deleted the client.wys also, so the accusim updater redownloaded the relevant files, with no success.

I've never encountered any problem in the past with all A2A addons installed. Maybe other A2A addons provide some files which are missing from the Spitfire updater?
Ros

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hi Ros.

What you describe has always affected me in the past also, with a fresh install of FSX and the Spitfire. Disk or Steam version. The only way I could fix it, was to install the A2A FSX C172 or another GA aircraft straight after.

Steve.

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

bladerunner900 wrote:Hi Ros.
What you describe has always affected me in the past also, with a fresh install of FSX and the Spitfire. Disk or Steam version. The only way I could fix it, was to install the A2A FSX C172 or another GA aircraft straight after.
Steve.
Ciao Steve,
thanks for your input. So I will try to install a GA straight after as you say.
Ros

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Ros,

I see, if this is the case that Steve explains, may be A2A team could share more light on that. Honestly said I have never got myself into such situation having the C172 as my first A2A aircraft. I have always had a GA plane before installing the Spit or the Mustang.
Let us know how it goes after you add a GA plane to your installation.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

I see, if this is the case that Steve explains, may be A2A team could share more light on that. Honestly said I have never got myself into such situation having the C172 as my first A2A aircraft. I have always had a GA plane before installing the Spit or the Mustang.
Let us know how it goes after you add a GA plane to your installation.

Cheerz,
Will
Sure I will

Inviato dal mio SM-A320FL utilizzando Tapatalk
Ros

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

After installing a GA model and before updating again, go into the FSX\A2A\Spitfire folder and delete the 'Update' folder for the Spitfire. This will force it to update the Spitfire on-line again.

Steve.

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

bladerunner900 wrote:After installing a GA model and before updating again, go into the FSX\A2A\Spitfire folder and delete the 'Update' folder for the Spitfire. This will force it to update the Spitfire on-line again.
Roger
Ros

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Hello guys
Steve's suggestion has worked, warming up now.
Thanks for your help!

Cheers
Ros

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

That is excellent news. :)

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Ros,

Great news, happy flying the Spitfire warbird!
I am curious however, if Lewis and the others would say anything about the issue you two guys have found?

Cheerz,
Will

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Great news, happy flying the Spitfire warbird!
I am curious however, if Lewis and the others would say anything about the issue you two guys have found?
Thanks guys. I am curious too. Let's wait for Lewis or Scott to chime in.
Ros

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I remember it being mentioned that it was fixed at some point. Indeed, it did seem to be fine for a while for me. Then it started happening again to me last year. Something to do with the folder structure variables, in the dll I guess. But that is 'beyond my ken', so to speak. :lol:

Steve.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”