Cold start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
dwgowen
Airman Basic

Cold start

Post by dwgowen »

Since reinstalling my FSX on to a new desk-top, all aircraft seem to have defaulted back to starting in mid-air with engine(s) running once I hit the 'fly now' button. Seem to remember finding a fix for this so that they were all left standing on the tarmac with power units witched off until I went through the start-up and warm-up drill. Anyone know where and how I can find this missing fix to return to this happy state of affairs ?

Many thanks (in advance) for help

David

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cold start

Post by Jacques »

Hi David,

FSX has the annoying feature of starting you by default in the air near Friday Harbor. Create a new flight with a standard FSX aircraft, at the airport of your choice, with the aircraft engine and electrics off, then save that and select it as your new "default" flight using the FSX menus. That should set you up to properly load in your A2A aircraft in a "cold and dark" state.

dwgowen
Airman Basic

Post by dwgowen »

Hi Jacques

Thanks so much for your prompt reply and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. It proved a little bit more complicated than it should have been. I got it to work by selecting the sailplane as the default aircraft and then switching to the Cessna 152 which worked fine, but as soon as I switched to the Spitfire Mark II there seemed to be no way of getting to it without the engine running. Then the penny finally dropped - by switching the magnetos and the generator off I could get the aircraft and the flight saved as the default option and it worked ! Now all I have to do is create more default flights for the P51 and the Harvard/Texan (and presumably any future add-ons) and all should be well. But what a pity they didn't introduce a simple engine-off command in the first place ! Anyway, thanks again - and all the best !

David

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello David,

you need only save one 'default flight' and it should ideally be with a default aircraft. The settings of your default flight are used for the initial load of the sim. So if you select the default C172 turn stuff off and then save it making sure to tick the default flight box thats all you will need to do.

thanks
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”