Spitfire Issue...static prop, missing sounds etc.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Lightman
Airman Basic

Spitfire Issue...static prop, missing sounds etc.

Post by Lightman »

Hi guys,

After six years of trouble free flying with numerous A2A aircraft, I today, found my first major issue.

The problem I'm facing is this: my A2A Spitfire has the engine running on startup, but the propeller is stationary. Added to this; I have no primer sounds and the throttle doesn't move (yet the aircraft will move, if I throttle forward with the joystick.

I have reinstalled the aircraft three times now, and have updated DirectX to the number required. All this is on a clean install of FSX with Acceleration.

I'm really at a loss to what could be the cause, so if I could possibly pick your brains, I would be most grateful :-)

Regards

Dom

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Spitfire Issue...static prop, missing sounds etc.

Post by bladerunner900 »

That used to happen to me in FSX Gold (Acceleration), shortly after the updates went the all-in-one route on-line. The only answer for me was to install at least one of A2A's GA models. Their FSX C172 fixed it for me. Install that, delete the update folder in FSX\A2A\Spitfire, update on-line again and it should then work.

Either that or try re-installing simconnect. It was on one of three discs I had with Gold, not sure which one now.

Steve.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”