CTD Boscombe Downs and surrounding airfields?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
tab61
Airman Basic

CTD Boscombe Downs and surrounding airfields?

Post by tab61 »

Accusim Spit,Polish Squadron. Take off and flight is fine, but when landing as soon as wheels touch tarmac: CTD. Tried with and without ASN wx injected, same result.

Plane is up to date patchwise. Accufeel disabled for it as well since it is the accusim Spit .
Possibly related to ORBX? I installed the European LC yesterday and pulled down their freeware airports yesterday (Europe). Have the full suite of UK and Eire regions; no issues in past.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: A2A_Accusim.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5724a628
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003783e
Faulting process id: 0x1344
Faulting application start time: 0x01d289a2bad4a770
Faulting application path: E:\fsx\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: E:\fsx\GAUGES\A2A_Accusim.DLL
Report Id: 8d5eadbe-f599-11e6-926d-e03f4978946d

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: CTD Boscombe Downs and surrounding airfields?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

is your Spitfire all updated and is it reproducible?

What about default airfields?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I was intrigued when I read this because I'm one that's having the same issue in the P-40. I just took the Spit up at EDGM and successfully landed on both runways with no CTD.

tab61
Airman Basic

Post by tab61 »

cheers Lewis, it is- I had downloaded the latest update from the forum the other week and ran it again yesterday to be sure- all a/c I own were up to date.

I couldn't reproduce with the RealAir Spit, but could with the A2A. I removed the freeware(which didn't list fields, but Boscombe Down wasn't one of them) and that seemed to help temporarily but when I went back to flying KFNL, it started up again- it is always just prior to touchdown or seconds after. I re-installed simconnect from the link you provided in the C172 forum, and things seemed on the mend, but a moment ago after 30 mins or so just as about to touchdown on some small strip SE of KFNL it crashed again, perhaps trying to save me from pancaking.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: A2A_Accusim.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5724a628
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003783e
Faulting process id: 0xf8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d28ae57dac3d61
Faulting application path: E:\fsx\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: E:\fsx\GAUGES\A2A_Accusim.DLL
Report Id: 12a4d2cd-f6dd-11e6-9ccf-e03f4978946d

So at a loss. I'm running DX10 preview with the Fixer,config file and Nvidia profiles matched on the anti-aliasing. GTX 780 on the latest NVIDIA drivers.

Addons:
ASN
Orbx Global/Vector/Europe and NA landclass and most of the ORBX regions, though this is occurring in and out of regions
A2A (Spit, P51(all), Piper, B17, P40,P47 and T-6 Harvard)
FSUIPC (registered)
LINDA( use the Spitfire lua that was posted on forum some time ago)
Other
I don't add dlls to trusted, including ASN so only load what is needed per session(ASN), or Plane (A2A Dlls)
Disabled Accufeel in settings(updated as well) though it is set to be off for the individual A2A accusim models I own.

The Harvard gave me no issues last week- I installed the ORBX EU LC Friday, and that's when things started to go a bit pear-shaped. While I don't fly the continent that much, not quite ready to brexit, so will try uninstalling and re-installing the Spitfire first. The only other odd thing I can add is that I've been lazy and doing ctrl-e, but went back to doing cold starts this morning, only once it caught, it wouldn't go anywhere though the brakes were definitely off. Had to reload the plane, then I just did ctrl-e and took off.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the report and testing i'll pass it along to see if theirs any random 0's or 1's where they should not be.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tab61
Airman Basic

Post by tab61 »

cheers-Aviationatwar apparently saw something similar with the P40. I havent tried with it. I do know that after a botched Spit reinstall (network was down when it tried to do the dx9 check and i reran install)updater didnt pickup need for update. I removed again through programs and features then went to fsx/a2a and fsx simobjects and removed a2a spit folders before reinstalling and after that it did pick up the Spit and update. So far working.

tab61
Airman Basic

Post by tab61 »

never mind. I took everything off and put it back on except the the P40 and P47. Seems to have fixed some things as the reinstall of the spit got rid of the ctd on touchdown as happened in the P40 thread, but had some other issues like unable to start cold, engine would start but no brake release. And i had fsuipc extend battey. Anyway seems better but i think the universal installer might be a bit touchy; I never had issues with your software for 7 years. No accusim.dll ctd either.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”