Inactive aircraft, no access to hangar, popups don't react

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Daube
Staff Sergeant

Re: Inactive aircraft, no access to hangar, popups don't rea

Post by Daube »

A bit of bad news here: excepted the Spitfire, my friend doesn't have any additional Accusim plane. He thought he had the C-172, but he was mistaken: it was the Alabeo/Carenado one, not the A2A one... :?
So I guess he won't be able to try the workaround suggested by Steve.
Any other idea ?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It sounds like your friends FSX itself is the issue, its not correctly loading the spit and or simconnect. Upon all the reinstall's and simconnect installs is he restarting his system. When was the last time his sim platform was re-installed or repaired?

For the red banner that's just a heads up you simply click where it says to click to access the hangar.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Long story short.

I completely cleaned out my FSX: Steam and re-installed FSX Gold + Acceleration and had the same problem as your friend, with only the Accu-Sim Spitfire installed. It worked fine with the Accu-Sim package bought from the A2A store, but as soon as I updated it on-line, I get no access to the hanger.

When I installed my FSX A2A C172 and updated on-line again, after first deleting the Spitfire 'Update' folder, it worked once more. So the inevitable conclusion is that the on-line updater changes something in the older store bought Spitfire Accu-Sim pack.

I'll probably leave FSX Gold installed for now, but will probably go back to the Steam version eventually where I don't remember having this problem.

*EDIT*
Bad news. Removed FSX Gold, re-installed FSX: Steam and got the same result. An updated Accu-Sim Spitfire only works properly for me, if I also install one of the GA aircraft from A2A, the C172 on this occasion.

Cheers.
Steve.

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Lewis - A2A wrote:It sounds like your friends FSX itself is the issue, its not correctly loading the spit and or simconnect. Upon all the reinstall's and simconnect installs is he restarting his system. When was the last time his sim platform was re-installed or repaired?

For the red banner that's just a heads up you simply click where it says to click to access the hangar.

thanks,
Lewis
The thing is: at some point he could get it working, by reinstalling the Spit and the Accusim pack, but not the update.
If there would be any problems with Simconnect, the plane would never have worked at all, not to mention the other payware planes he owns which might also use simconnect. Such a problem would have been visible much earlier.

Concerning his OS reinstall, I don't know when this happened for the last time. However, I know for sure that in the previous year, he had to uninstall totally FSX.
At some point, he installed FSX-Steam, but since he was unable to read English, he had to remove FSX-Steam and reinstall FSX+Acceleration.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Point of interest.

Installing and updating the P51 military also fixes the Spitfire. I just tried them both in FSX: Steam. So, if he fancies another warbird instead of a GA it's an option. An expensive one perhaps and not ideal as you are still left with the original problem.

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

I don't think he's very motivated to buy any additional A2A plane right now :D

Just thinking though: would it be possible for me to send him one of my files, like the accusim.dll for example ?
Would that work at all ? (I'm on P3Dv3, he's on FSX)
Would that be acceptable from a legal point of view ?

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Daube wrote:Just thinking though: would it be possible for me to send him one of my files, like the accusim.dll for example ?
Would that work at all ? (I'm on P3Dv3, he's on FSX)
Would that be acceptable from a legal point of view ?
I don't think it would make a difference to be honest. Looking at the stats. of the two on my system, one in FSX and the other in P3D, they look the same to me. I guess it would have to be de-compiled to see exactly what's going on and that would definitely be naughty. :lol:

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

I'll try to find my Beta notes... the problem, as I recall is WHERE the Accusim.dll ends up and where it looks for things, not the actual programme itself.

D'
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hello D'.

There's something weird going on with my system. Remember I said that updating the Spitfire on line breaks it? When I first installed FSX Gold or FSX: Steam, installing the Spit by itself did indeed break when updating. Until now. I removed all traces of the Spit and P51 out of Steam yesterday and then installed the Spit by itself again. Guess what. It still worked when updated. :?

I'm going to leave well alone now. I don't fancy swapping between FSX: Steam and Gold again. Besides, the Steam version runs better nowadays and I don't really use it much. Just for testing to be honest.

Cheers.
Steve

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

I confess to doing the same Steve. Unless in Beta, once something works I leave it alone!!!

I know there are two or three problems I get on every reinstall of FS/P3d but I never actually worked out HOW I solved them each time!
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”