how to uninstall accu sim only for the Spitfire

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Styggron
Master Sergeant

how to uninstall accu sim only for the Spitfire

Post by Styggron »

Hello everyone,
I'm doing some spitfire tests with Spitfire base model only, then Spitfire with Accu-feel engaged and as the last test the Spitfire with Accu-sim. I'm logging my findings in another thread on here.

Question.
If I install accu-sim for the Spitfire, how can I uninstall it ONLY for the Spitfire so it does not change my other accu-sim A2A planes ? Does the spitfire accu-sim installer come with an uninstaller that only affects accu-sim spitfire ? or is there something else that needs doing ?

I can't complete my test without installing accu-sim and would like to know how to reverse the process if I feel this is a better experience for me.

I know many of you will :shock: as to why I would not want to have accu-sim and/or why I would want to remove it, or want to go into the merits of accu-sim versus accu-feel etc please don't worry about this :) . Remember it is all about personal preference and in this case for testing purposes. Products and how they work, feel etc for each customer only need to please 1 person. The customer. :D oh, the manufacturer too :)

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Styggron on 31 Aug 2016, 15:54, edited 2 times in total.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Re: how to uninstall accu sim only for the Spitfire

Post by rhenson529 »

You should be able to turn off Accu-sim in the shift 3 menu options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

rhenson529 wrote:You should be able to turn off Accu-sim in the shift 3 menu options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope sorry Rhenson529. That is not the same as uninstall. That is damage on/off it is not all accu-sim removed. You will still get accu-sim effects / sounds. There are some other threads around for other craft when people asked that you cannot turn accu-sim "off" completely per se.

For the purposes of the review and test I need to be able to know I can completely remove accu-sim for the Spitfire and Spitfire alone without affecting my other A2A craft, if I feel that the Spitfire with Accu-feel is more than enough for my purposes. :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

You would need to completely uninstall the spitfire and then reinstall it again without accusim.

Cheers Chris
Did you ever download the magnificent freeware C-47 I told you about?

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

You should be able to uninstall just the Accusim part by going to control panel, programs and features and look for the Spitfire Accusim part. It is separate for the Spitfire.

I haven't done it for ages and can't remember how "pure" it leaves the original.

If you do uninstall the "lot" make sure that you manually delete the .dat files in the Documents A2A Spitfire directory.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”