Spitfire Installation Problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Spitfire Installation Problem

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Awesome Wayne.

Now one more thing. Did you also get the Accusim addon for the Spitfire? If so did you also install it? Then I would recommend to run the latest updater for the software.

Click on this link to go to the thread:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=41279

In the top post there is a link that says download. Download this and install the updater. It will automatically bring your plane to the latest software version with all the fixes implemented.

As for how to start you might want to read the manual that came with the plane or go through the checklist of the Spitfire. The checklist will pop up when you press Shift+2 when in the plane. To refill gas use the fuel and load manager which will open when you press Shift+4.

Hope this helps and happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Good stuff Wayne,

Piper_EEWL has got it in one.

Great news that you are on the way.

If you do have Accusim installed, for flying the Spitfire have a good read of the manual and this post :

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&start=15 down the page a bit on Radiator Tutorial.

It may make your life considerably easier!

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

WAYNE1
Airman

Post by WAYNE1 »

The Engine will crank but not start. When Cranking the Prop will not turn.
Software problem ? or Pilot

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I'm sorry to say it but my guess is pilot. :wink:

Did you read the manual (it's a fairly complex simulation so is really read the manual) and install the updater as I recommended above?

Also does the plane have fuel and oil? Did you look in the maintenance hangar (shift+7) if everything is ok? Did you follow the checklist (shift+2) as recommended?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

WAYNE1
Airman

Post by WAYNE1 »

Gas Tanks full. Push and held Button in beside Fuel Gage.
Still no Prop rotation . So far nothing in Manual.
What was that link I needed installed from above? Could that have something to do with my Prop issue?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Spitfire Installation Problem

Post by Jacques »

I wonder if you are pushing the button that selects "bottom tank content" which shows the fuel quantity in the lower tank. The button you're looking for is a bit further to the left and sits directly above the two fuel cocks. It has a button guarded by a cap. Left click the cap to reveal the start button and then press the button. If you've primed it sufficiently and have everything configured to start, you should have a running engine!

The link pointed you to is for an all-in-one update for all accu-sim aircraft, which includes your Spitfire. Download the update and run it as administrator. This is essential for the aircraft to work correctly. You may also want to visit the maintenance hanger after you've run the update and just select overhaul to ensure that the Spitfire is in good condition!

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Wayne,

My guess is Jaques is spot on.

Mate, give the manual a good read first. The Accusim Spitfire was designed and built with 30 odd years of Spitfire research, a great pilot who has flown a Spitfire (Dudley) , advice from guys who work on Spitfires now and post development confirmation from a guy who flys Baby Spitfires now.

The Spit was a frontline fighter designed to be flown by pilots with not much less than 200 hours of flight experience before they got to her (please don't believe the 10 hour pilot myths!! )

Bottom line, if you don't read the manual and operate her properly, you are in for a long and frustrating time involving going from nothing happening to fire everywhere in short order.

Check the Shift F4 page for fluids etc, check the shift F7 page for maintenance and THEN follow the checklists in the manual and see how you go. Looking forward to hearing about it!

And as I said before, don't worry, we'll get you going

Regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I agree with Darryl completely.

This simulation is incredibly detailed, wonderfully immersive and completely unforgiving.....if you don't spend a bit of time with your nose in the books!

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Jacques wrote:I agree with Darryl completely.
After 30 years of marriage, that's not something I usually hear!!

Wayne,

one more thing... If you are flying the Spitfire I, make sure you attach the Trolley Accumulator in Shift F3 before trying to start and keep an eye on the voltmetre and Ampmetre.

If flying the Spitfire II, make sure you have a Coffman Starter Cartridge loaded in shift F4 and if it doesn't start first time, reload using the pull ring low on the right of the instrument panel (not the one lower down, that is the slow running cutout.)

Regards

Darryl

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

The guys are right Wayne. As said before please read the manual! It's a complex simulation and if you don't know what to do it'll frustrate you.

You could also look on YouTube for some tutorials like this one

https://youtu.be/dvo30Nr9zDo
Killratio wrote:After 30 years of marriage, that's not something I usually hear!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

WAYNE1
Airman

Post by WAYNE1 »

Thanks Guys, for info.
The Spitfire Game is excellently detailed as said above.
I am 73 Years old ,use to fly....I think I will stick to my Battle of Britain Game...NOW IF I HAD A AUTOMATIC PILOT ! Ha! Ha!

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

G'day Wayne,

The default autopilot (push the "z" key) works to hold the Spitfire at height and on current course, may be useful.

And I know what you mean, I'm 50 and STILL don't know how to use a mobile phone!

Just treat the Spitfire as you would a real aircraft and you will do fine.

I hope you stick with it...as a pilot, I am sure you will find it very rewarding in the end.

Regards

Darryl

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”