Taxiing!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Taxiing!

Post by Killratio »

G'day again David,

When you reinstalled, did you go to c/:documents/A2A/Spitfire and delete the ".dat" files? These hold some important info and don't get deleted automatically with an uninstall or reinstalled if tey are already there. If they are corrupt, no amount of reinstall will help in some situations.

If not then one more Hail Mary. Try unistalling both the Spitfire and Accusim files WITH Control Panel/Programs and Feature in Windows, THEN manually delet the .dat files as above.

Then, Reinstall Simmconnect , then the Spitfire. DO NOT Test fly. Then Accusim for the Spitfire DO NOT test fly...AND get the latest update !!! From the link in the "sticky threads" above. DO NOT test fly.

Also, I forget the path, but it is in the manual, find the A2A Spitfire Input Configurator and DELETE ALL the assignments in that.

As to FSUIPC assignment, no, apart from direct conflicts with assigned controls it will not cause problems. (I am assuming you have the latest update of FSUIPC )

Only after all that is done, test fly.

The next thing after this is more drastic, so let me know how you go with the above and then we will talk.

Please follow above in order and before you do anything else....because something here is "persistent" and we need to know that all the persistent files are "reborn".

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Just to add to what Darryl said. After a reinstall you'll also need to rerun the updater. But before that you have delete the update client manually in order for the update to install correctly. Go to you sim root folder:

.../A2A/Spitfire/update and either delete the complete update folder or the client.wyc file that's in it.

After that run the update. Now it should install correctly.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Ah..thanks, forgot that!
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

stretch1365
Airman First Class

Post by stretch1365 »

Good morning folks,

Thanks again for the replies.

So this morning as I was having breakfast with 30mins to mess around before work, I had a thought.

As the main issue seems to be the rudder not moving on the ground, what if I changed the FSUIPC rudder axis setting from "Send direct to FSUIPC calibration" to "Send fs normal axis", could that make a difference? I tried it but in so doing noticed that by sending the rudder input direct to fsx I now have a "Axis Rudder Set" and "Rudder set" options. The rudder is an axis so I have always had "Axis Rudder Set". I thought nothing to loose by trying this. So I set "Axis Rudder Set" and I got no rudder movement, "Rudder Set" and lo and behold I get full rudder movement when on the ground, problem fixed!

I then took the Spitfire for a quick spin to check the controls in the air, perfect. So it seems my issues have been sorted out, and it was all down to a simple FSUIPC setting, something which has been fine for all other fsx aircraft but not the Spitfire, maybe not the Mustang too, as I mentioned in an earlier post the rudder not moving with that aircraft too when on the ground. I will try it later after work.

Anyway I wanted to thank you guys for your determined help to try and fix my issues with the Spitfire..........Thank you all so very much..........Times like this I realise how great the community spirit is with flight simmers, all willing to help each other to enjoy our hobby to the best.

Thanks again.
Happy Flying.
David Phillips.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Awesome breakthrough! I hope that this really was the culprit. Maybe that's just how you have to set it for all A2A aircraft? I don't know because I don't use FSUIPC.

It's a great community indeed!

Anyways happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Great news David.

FSUIPC does do some fun things in conjunction with A2A aircraft sometimes! Anyhow, enjoy the flying!!
Glad we could all help you...even if it was just help YOU to find the right answer in the end...as so often happens!

regards

Darryl

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”