engine volume question WOP3

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
ripvan
Airman

Re: engine volume question WOP3

Post by ripvan »

Okay men, here's some thoughts and a find...

It seems to me, anyone who has Never flown a real plane, like me, would need a little extra nudge to the other senses when flying the sim
Thats why engine RPM constant volume is important to me
With it, my other senses put two and two together while flying
It auto governs my decisions and my hand for that matter, while not in the realm of real physics.

I found on my PC, if you go out HDMI or what have you, to a TV or stereo, audio properties gives you a loudness eq to use.
It smoothed out my coughy, throttle/sound differences and brings alive all the Accu sim sounds.
It's really working like a compressor.

Just flew Cunderdin to Beverley (no KBEV runway) checkride again for the hundredth time and had the time of my life. Lots of aspects of the plane getting older etc, etc, etc .. LOVE Accu-sim !

Hope this helps anyone else who likes Spit engine sounds close to heart or even this volume thing I experienced.
With this adjustment to audio playback device, in a subtle way, one might not be hearing what one might be missing.
Thanks all , excited to be on board. :wink:

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Good news! If you are flying YCUB YBEV because you are in WA, drop me a PM if you are interested in flying my Spitfire Simulator.

Also, search OZx scenery on google. OZX is free scenery that adds hundreds of airports/airfields/bush strips etc to Australia.
Western Australia is particularly well covered (including Beverely, just watch out for the sheep on the strip if you ever fly in there for real!!)

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ripvan wrote:Okay men, here's some thoughts and a find...

It seems to me, anyone who has Never flown a real plane, like me, would need a little extra nudge to the other senses when flying the sim
That's why engine RPM constant volume is important to me
With it, my other senses put two and two together while flying
It auto governs my decisions and my hand for that matter, while not in the realm of real physics.
Just remember the Accu-sim simulated engine is a living engine so those sounds are not a recording on repeat, hence the realistic engine tone and nose changes, which will be slightly different most flights you take and will also be key to knowing and being able to listen to what happening from pitch changes, bumps and bangs to the volumes or revs all play a part in knowing exactly what the engines doing. Particularly useful for emergency situations or diagnosing issues early before they turn into full blown emergencys.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ripvan
Airman

Post by ripvan »

Yep, it's definitely ALIVE Lewis !

Darryl, i'm not in WA but thanks anywho !
Also, I've looked and looked to get that KBEV strip download, but cant find it.
I did get Cunderdin freeware but it wanted to store something like 2gigs worth of stuff or something?
I'm happy with just getting there on my own and flying around to different airports in that mission as well as the Yowie. Love that OZx scenery and weather.

'Appreciate it guys

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”