Prepar3d V3.3 Problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
CrazyGleek
Airman First Class

Prepar3d V3.3 Problem

Post by CrazyGleek »

OK, I know that the Spit is an FSX plane and not supported by A2A in P3D. With that said, the Spit has been working very well for me under P3D V3.2. I recently updated to V3.3 using the latest installer. Now every attempt to load the Spit causes a CTD. Any ideas?

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Prepar3d V3.3 Problem

Post by Killratio »

Do you have any of the GA or the Texan? Installing one of those first seems to fix most P3D problems with the Spitfire. (Not marketting *G*, just telling it like it is. Spit is an FSX only aircraft but works fine in PD3.3, so I am told, as long as any of the more modern aircraft are installed first/as well...something to do with file/directory structure and the main accusim file.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

CrazyGleek
Airman First Class

Post by CrazyGleek »

Yes, I do run the C182 constantly. I have no problems with that aircraft at all. I also Fly the J3 under P3D V3.2. I will fire that one up to see if there is an issue there as well.

CrazyGleek
Airman First Class

Post by CrazyGleek »

The J3 loads and runs just fine. Are you suggesting that I uninstall/reinstall the Spit?

CrazyGleek
Airman First Class

Post by CrazyGleek »

I reinstalled the Spitfire without any issue. I tried to load the Spit by changing aircraft with the C182 loaded. Immediate CTD.

A little more information:
I am running P3D Academic V. 3.3.3.17556
A2A Update 05_09_16
EZ-DOC v. 1.18.7
Active Sky Next - running or not, same CTD

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Ok,

Firstly, disable ezdoc and ASN.. we'll come back to them.

When you delete the Spitfire, are you deleting the C:\Documents\A2A\Spitfire .....directory? That has the "dat" files and if they are corrupt then each time you reinstall, you could get the same result. The uninstaller does not do this automatically.

It may be worth reinstalling the C182 (after deleting the dat files for that as well!) and then reinstall the Spit. I know plenty have the Spitfire working fine in P3D 3.xxx , but I only use 2.5 myself.

Don't worry, we'll get it going one way or another.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its worth noting that 3.3 has a bunch different under the hood. The reason we don't support FSX planes in P3D is because of these developments further and further away from the old ESP base, and it doesn't seem right saying its for P3D is its just a port over and not native P3D models etc like our P3D aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Yep, it's a shame but it seems now that unless P3D goes 64 bit (which will kill all the old planes anyhow) they won't be able to offer anything but small incremental change. I know I looked at it and found that the pluses were few and the changes many...so I stayed on 2.5 where the A2A FSX stuff works solidly.

CrazyGleek
Airman First Class

Post by CrazyGleek »

OK, an update.

I broke down and purchased the Piper 250. I started P3D as I had been starting it with the C182 as the default. I tried to load the new Piper and CDT!

I do have a workaround now that gets the Piper and the Spit working! :D :D :D :D Its not pretty but it seams to work.
1. Save the default scenario using one of the stock P3D aircraft such as the Mooney.
2. Restart P3D.
3. Do a "Global Disable" on EZ-DOC.
4. Load Spit or the Piper
5. Enable EZ-DOC
6. Fly!
7. Repeat for a change in aircraft.

I feel that I am working on the edge of stability and I don't like it. Everything had been running very well on my system. I had been fighting to get Mindstar GNS working. Got that sorted. I have recently loaded a lot of ORBX products. Never seamed to have an problem with them. I loaded EZ-DOC and fought with that, but seamed to get it sorted. Updated P3D to the latest V3.3. That seamed to work, but I started to get out of memory errors after long duration flights. I purchased another 8G of DD3 memory. Still got the out of memory CTD. I backed off a little on the scenery complexity and the out of memory CTDs went away. I hadn't flown the Spit for a while, before the EZ-DOC and P3D update. Tried to load the Spit and CTD. Still not sure what is causing the trouble, but at least I can get the planes in the air, and complete a flight.

BTW, graphics card is an NVIDIA 970

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Congrats!!!

There are some software packages that don't play well together if one is started before the other..I guess that one may INSIST on a particular bit of memory or something and the other "prefers" that spot....so if one is running and grabbing that the other will ONLY work if it is prepared to find another spot. Or something similar anyway.

I have always had to maintain a strict order (worked out by trial error and pain) when starting up the 4-5 bits of software that run the Spitfire. The F-16 simulator requires 7 separate programmes but THEY seem to play much more nicely together in BMS!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The issue you encountered would be due to your default flight not being a default aircraft. FSX and P3D the former in particular is very much affected by initial load and using a complex sim seems to create CTD errors or general load issues .

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

skunk160
Airman Basic

Re: Prepar3d V3.3 Problem-non-animated gauges and prop

Post by skunk160 »

I'm getting the non-animated gauges and prop issue,

I'm running a completely vanilla version of P3D3.3 save for TACPAC, installed the wop3_spitfire files with Estonia Migration tool, A2A update found the P3D3.3 install and installed fine. Moved all the fx_Wop_xxx.fx and fx_WWllF_spitll_xxx.fx to a backup folder, to no-effect (no pun intended)

My Spit exes,
wop3_spitfire.EXE 1/26/2011
wop3_spitfire_accusim.EXE from 1/26/2011
A2A_Update_05_09_16.EXE 5/9/2016
skunk160 | ​​Win​10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1866MHz | ​GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift CV1
//FOXTWO Multi-Role ​Combat ​Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

EMT will not work with the later versions of P3D and the A2A Installation tool, at least with the earlier aircraft. (took a long time and a lot of heartache in recent beta to work that out.)

P3D is, of course, not supported for the Spitfire but *somebody* I know told me that if you put a fake copy of FSX.exe in your P3D directory and then point the A2A installers to that then they *will* work. ;) Alternatively, if you have the Texan, C172, C182. Install the Spitfire using EMT and THEN install the other aircraft. It has to do with a slightly different file structure and EMT misses some files on the earlier A2A aircraft.

Darryl

skunk160
Airman Basic

Post by skunk160 »

Perfect excuse to buy the Texan!! Thank you sir.
skunk160 | ​​Win​10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1866MHz | ​GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift CV1
//FOXTWO Multi-Role ​Combat ​Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

My commission cheque will be in the mail, I'm sure :) :) :)

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”