No Pilot Weight and Hangar Repairs not Working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Cecil
Airman Basic

No Pilot Weight and Hangar Repairs not Working

Post by Cecil »

I am having some problems getting my Spitfire to work. It seems that I can no longer input the pilots weight in the AccuSim panel, and I also cannot repair the aircraft at all. Nothing works...I've de-installed it, re-installed it, applied the core update...nothing works.

I've included a couple of screenshots for your reference.

https://goo.gl/photos/x6uCQxRovhLmvLgk9

Thank you,

Cecil

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: No Pilot Weight and Hangar Repairs not Working

Post by Killratio »

Cecil,

I'm not at my fs computer but this seems like the Simmconnect needs reinstalling. There are a few threads on it...if using P3D it is included in a spare ditectory so it can be reinstalled, if FSX I believe there is an MS site that it cam be down loded from.

Someone else should be able to help if you can't find it...or I will get details for you tonight,

Regards

Darryl

(Sent fron this @&$&&$$&& Ipad )
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Oh..and just to confirm that when you uninstalled, you deleted the "dat" files under c/documents/a2a/spitfire. Or similar....
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Cecil
Airman Basic

Post by Cecil »

Thanks Killratio...I didn't see any A2A folders under the C: drive.

I didn't see a spare directory under Prepar3D, so I'm not sure where to look for the SimConnect reinstaller.

Thanks for your help!

Cecil

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hi Cecil.

I will assume you used the EMT, or the fake FSX.exe method to install into P3D. So, down to business.

Uninstall again and this time, before reinstalling, go into (on my system) F:\Documents\A2A\FSX\ and delete the Spitfire folder. When you reinstall you will get a new Spirfire folder containing new 'dat' files.

After that and, to get Simconnect working, navigate into your P3D install folder and run the SimConnect.msi . On my system it is in...

D:\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib.

One problem I get installing into P3D, is that if you have no other native A2A P3D model installed, the Spitfire will stop working after using the on-line updater. Fortunately, installing any other native P3D A2A model will restore it back to normal and for me, installing and updating the P3D A2A T6 fixed the Spitfire as well. Strangely, I get the exact same problem, with the same fix, installing the Spitfire in FSX Steam as well. Don't ask me why because I have no idea.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. It is fixable in P3D but in my opinion, it is high time we had a native installer for the Spit and P3D. Or even a whole new model like the Mk V perhaps.:wink:

Cheers
Steve.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Thanks Steve..that was the stuff I couldn't access away from home! And a good point I had missed, yes, I found in beta for the T6 that nowadays the Spitfire doesn't work unless another native P3D aircraft is installed...If I recall, it was something to do with directory structure in P3d being slightly different and the placement of accusim files.

D

Cecil
Airman Basic

Post by Cecil »

Thanks everyone! It turned out to be a corrupt Windows 10 install. I simply wiped and reinstalled the OS, Prepar3d, and my beloved A2A Spitfire. She's back in action now!

Cecil

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, happy flying!

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”