Error: Invalid unit specified: "precent".

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Hello!

I get a lot of errors in the content log when using those aircraft. Apparently there is an offending "precent" (I guess, instead of "percent") in the following files:

.\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_Spitfire\model.Ia\spit.mdl
.\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_Spitfire\model.Ia\spit_interior.mdl
.\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_Spitfire\model.IIa\spit.mdl
.\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_Spitfire\model.IIa\spit_interior.mdl
.\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_Spitfire\model.IIb\spit.mdl
.\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_Spitfire\model.IIb\spit_interior.mdl
.\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_Spitfire\panel\WoP3_Spitfire\code_r.xml

No idea whether it has an impact on the correct functionning, but it's probably worth investigating.

The errors are in the ContentErrorLog.txt, here's a bit, the messages are just repeated many times:

[error.0]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Unknown
Name: Unknown

[error.1]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.2]
error=Gauge/Script Error

I'm using A2A's WOT Spitfire obviously, with the Accu-Sim pack, update 03_30_16.
It's running on P3D v3.2 - I know it's not supported officially but I don't think this issue has anything to do with it.

Thanks!

EDIT: I see that in the meantime, there was another update, 04_07_16, but that does not change the issue.
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Error: Invalid unit specified: "precent".

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the use of the FSX products in P3D is not supported as its a different platform.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Ah... so in FSX, the "precent" is a valid unit? That really looked like a typo.

UPDATE: Here is a part of the offending script:

if{ (L:CockpitDoorPct,precent) 3 + 100 min (>L:CockpitDoorPct,precent) } els{ (L:CockpitDoorPct,precent) 3 - 0 max (>L:CockpitDoorPct,precent) } } els{ 0 (>L:CockpitSideDoor,bool) 0 (>L:CockpitDoorPct,precent) } 100 0 (L:WindowDefrosterSwitch,bool) ? (>L:WindowDefrosterControlKnob,percent) }

I would understand if you were refusing to help for some P3D-specific problem, but in this case it seems like a problem for FSX as well.
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

I fixed the typos in the different files, in the FSX SDK Forth-like scripts. I'm not sure yet what it fixes, it's apparently linked to gauge00 and the cockpit opening, but I don't know exactly what gauge it is. Any feedback would be welcome :)

gauge00=WoP3_Spitfire!code_r, 1,1,1,1

It's definitely an issue for people using this (fabulous) aircraft on FSX, as well as P3D with the latest Accu-Sim update, but most probably not a serious one.

Now I don't get these error messages anymore, and since they are not repeated many times I could spot other messages:

error=Texture P40B5_T.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)
error=Texture P40B5_T_BUMP.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)
error=Texture P40B5_T_SPEC.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

There are apparently three missing texture files, that are referred to in the spit.mdl files, for each of the 3 versions. But is that the bump texture of the P-40? That's weird.

error=Gauge file not found: tester!tester
error=Gauge file not found: accusim_xml!testbar
error=Gauge file not found: dbg!panel

Those are not important, they are linked to the debug panel that you are using in production, references were left in deliveries, but they don't cause any trouble.

Hope it helps a bit.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

remember using that tool is for developers and not end users, it is recommended to be turned off as its unfortunately very buggy so can be ignored.

thanks,
Lewis

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

remember using that tool is for developers and not end users, it is recommended to be turned off as its unfortunately very buggy so can be ignored.

thanks,
Lewis
I haven't turned anything on, the messages above are in the standard installation, when you ask for FSX / P3D to log the content errors.

Have you seen the P-40 texture issue? Is that something we should see on the Spitfire but had a bad name in the model?
And about the earlier errors I fixed on my side, should we be concerned about a feature misfunction? This typo obviously prevents a part of the script to work normally, I couldn't identify which though.

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Any news about the missing textures?

And should this "precent" be fixed, or was it only used in a debug panel?

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Hello?

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

See Here.Last update.

4/7/2016 - 4/16/2016 CHANGES:

P-40
- Fixed missing cockpit sounds

C182:
- Fixed low suction
- Animated yoke with autopilot in GPS NAV mode
- P3D v3 configurator fix

C172:
- Animated yoke with autopilot in GPS NAV mode

Cherokee:
- ADF needle physics

Comanche:
- Transponder ident light fixed
- Commented out recommended areas of the panel.cfg files
- Strobe lights in P3D v3 fixed
- Small window steam fixed
- Reexport of P3D2 cockpits
- ADF needle physics
- Reduced speed mod drag reduction

P-51 CIV:
- 3d F1 GTN 650 & Mindstar GNS430 GPS units
- IDENT 100 panel window can't be undocked
- type=special
- Aircraft Configurator
- Smooth ADF/VOR needle
- Custom side forces
- Lowered gear and flap drag

P-51 MIL
- IDENT 100 panel window can't be undocked
- type=special
- Smooth ADF/VOR needle
- Custom side forces
- Typo in electrics (noticeable when loading rockets)
- Lowered gear and flap drag

Spitfire
- "precent" typo corrected

Cheers Chris

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

speedy70 wrote:See Here.Last update.

4/7/2016 - 4/16/2016 CHANGES:
Spitfire
- "precent" typo corrected

Cheers Chris
Ah, nice, I though this was being ignored :D

The wrong texture names are still there though, this occurs when loading the Spitfire (as mentioned in a previous post):

Hopefully they are not too significant?

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Yes because it is not supported in P3D as Lewis explained to you.It doesn't affect FSX.

Cheers Chris

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes as previously noted;
"Hello,

thanks,
Lewis"
If using a buggy debug program you will be coming up with all manner of things that are incorrect.

cheers,
Lewis

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes as previously noted;
"Hello,

thanks,
Lewis"
If using a buggy debug program you will be coming up with all manner of things that are incorrect.

cheers,
Lewis
I'm not using any debug program and I'm not sure where it's coming from. It's a standard, non-tampered installation, with A2A's Spitfire+Accusim module, and the latest Accusim update. Besides, I believe this comment was related to the debug panel I mentioned, not the textures, that's why I asked again.

Those are just textures that are used by the model (you can see their names in the .mdl files) but not present in the package, this is not related to P3D. If you run the Spitfire on FSX, you'll see the same error messages.

If that's of no consequence, fine by me, but it could be that some textures are not seen by the user (on P3D or FSX). Up to you to see if that's worth a quick verification. To me it looks gorgeous so I assume there are actually no polys using those textures :)

DaveWG
FSX Developer

Post by DaveWG »

Looking at the model in MCX, there are some polys using a material with those textures assigned, but they're hidden from view.
If it bothers you, simply create some small dummy textures with those names and drop them in the Spit texture folder.

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

DaveWG wrote:Looking at the model in MCX, there are some polys using a material with those textures assigned, but they're hidden from view.
If it bothers you, simply create some small dummy textures with those names and drop them in the Spit texture folder.
Thanks for looking :)
Good to know, I thought it might be some common part where the textures were left from where it was taken (the P-40).

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”