Vibrations after the new update.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Vibrations after the new update.

Post by Caldemeyn »

Hi all

After hearing about the new warbirds update, i decided to reinstall the spit and have a go again (please don't shoot the knee for uninstalling) :)

What i noticed is quite a bit more vibrations at start up and further operation, to the point that i thought im about to blow the engine :mrgreen:

Aren't they a little bit excessive right now ?

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Vibrations after the new update.

Post by Killratio »

Mate, I don't believe so..but then the visuals have also to compensate for the lack of feeling of vibration. All I can say is that sitting in my cockpit, the sensation is very close to videos I've seen.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Thanks for the confirmation, it just behaved quite a bit different from before, it alarmed me like hell :mrgreen:

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Caldemeyn wrote:it alarmed me like hell :mrgreen:

:) :) :)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Just for your interest... catch the vibrations here which are very noticable when you get a point of reference (like the gunsight or the canopy rim) and look pretty good to me on ours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk6rtktdDb4

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Thanks for the vid, yup that thing shakes like crazy :) Plus it could use a nice rinse/overhaul :D

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Caldemeyn wrote:Thanks for the vid, yup that thing shakes like crazy :) Plus it could use a nice rinse/overhaul :D
:)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Killratio wrote:Just for your interest... catch the vibrations here which are very noticable when you get a point of reference (like the gunsight or the canopy rim) and look pretty good to me on ours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk6rtktdDb4
Is that a real Spit?? somehow it looks wrong..can't really put my finger on it, but....
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

A keen eye Thomas.

It is, I am pretty sure, Graham Adlham's ground running Mk IX mock up. If memory serves it has a Merlin engine out of a tank, rather than an aircraft version..pretty much the same engine though.

It is built to real specification s (he supplies airworthy parts) and is for all intents and purposes the real thing but not flight certified (or even close).

I actually used several of his parts in my sim..very expensive but....

Final proof is Dudley's satisfaction, really, him having flown the real thing. The closest I have come is the Tiger and the Nanchang.

There are plenty of cockpit videos around, Tony Bianchis springs to mind,...which show similar.

For mine, the vibration looks great on the ground and good in the air..making up for not "feeling" the vibrations.

My wife's racing sim with butt kicker gives a similar experience, my real track car is a tad more gentle (boxer 4) but more modern (active torque vectoring is a beautiful thing :) )

Darryl

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Hah, that takes a keen eye indeed :) what made you suspect that the plane isn't genuine ?

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

The main things are the rudder pedal assembly, floor and the extra firewall. But the gun-sight is also mounted low on a bracket which comes through where the sun-shield slide would usually be.

It is a full scale, ground runnable mock up though, built to Supermarine plans and GA's.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

That must have required quite a bit of experience with those kites, i would've just shrug it of as a variation between models or something of the sort. :)

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

:)

Well I bought my first serious tome on the Spit in 1981, so I guess that tells you something. That was after 5 or 6 years of reading up on the Battle of Britain.

Like everything though, it often looks way harder than it actually is to "see" the specifics.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”