Spitfire Input Configurator does not work

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Spitfire Input Configurator does not work

Post by TBryson2 »

I am attempting to configure my Radiator Flap to an axis on my joystick. I have attempted to use the Spitfire Input Configurator, and / or FSUIPC without success.

The Input Configurator DOES "see" the axis as I rotate the knob on the joystick, (the "preview area DOES go from 0 to 100%) and I did "save and update FSX", but still nothing happens in the cockpit. In fact, I also attempted to configure the rudder trim without success. However, I CAN set the rudder trim in FSUIPC without issue. I'm (fairly) convinced the Input Configurator is not working as expected.

I have no issues working with FSUIPC and leaving the rudder trim configured to that, but I am having issues configuring the radiator flap to an axis. (again I.C DOES "see" the axis as I manipulate it).

I would set up FSUIPC to work with the radiator flap, but I do not know what setting to use! I'm assuming, (yes I know), that it is one of the "cowl flaps", but unsure which one it is. OR is it a different function and I'm simply missing it?

I attempted to set up keyswitches on the Input Configurator also, but they are not working either.

I disable ALL controller inputs on FSX and only use FSUIPC for all joystick controls. Could this be an issue?

As a side note, I do have FSX and FSX_Steam on my system. I'm wondering if when I hit "save and update FSX" if it is updating Steam edition and not the boxed FSX edition. I'll work on it and report back. meanwhile,

Any advice would help.

Thank you,
TB2

UPDATE, the Input Configurator does not work on either the FSX boxed or SE versions. I made modifications to the configurator, save and exit and in both versions, nothing happened in the aircraft.
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Spitfire Input Configurator does not work

Post by speedy70 »

Hi,
I disable ALL controller inputs on FSX and only use FSUIPC for all joystick controls. Could this be an issue?

Yes, I think this is your problem.Use the A2A configurator.

Cheers Chris

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

speedy70 wrote:Hi,

Yes, I think this is your problem.Use the A2A configurator.

Cheers Chris
As stated before, it's NOT working!!! Can't use it if it does not work! It DOES "see" my axis manipulation ("preview" goes from 0-100%), but the aircraft does not respond. Even for other axis' / controls. Input Configurator is NOT setting the configs for my aircraft.

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Well of course the configurator will not work if you have disabled it and are using FSUIPC.

A2A does not use FSUIPC .So enable the configurator and use it as per the manual.

I hope this helps.

Cheers Chris

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Ok, I'll give it a whirl tomorrow & report back
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

speedy70 wrote:A2A does not use FSUIPC .So enable the configurator and use it as per the manual.
Well, it's certainly not problem to use the input configurator and FSUIPC. However as Chris mentioned the problem is certainly this...
TBryson2 wrote:I disable ALL controller inputs on FSX and only use FSUIPC for all joystick controls.
Instead you must enable controllers in FSX and just delete the axis and button assignments for the joystick if you wish to use FSUIPC to assign/calibrate them instead.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

That's exactly what I did today! And it does work.

Thanks all!

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”