Prepar3d V3.1 installer

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
sleightflight
Airman

Prepar3d V3.1 installer

Post by sleightflight »

Hi everyone.
I was wondering if there is going to be a prepar3d V3.1 installer for the superb acu sim Spitfire, I have it on my FSX install and it is the aircraft I fly the most, I also have the C 172, the Comanche and the acu feel core all for FSX, do I need to purchase new licences for all of these please ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Prepar3d V3.1 installer

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no plans to recreate the remake the Spitfire for P3D at this time. Our professional P3D simulations can be purchased from the P3D section of the store here;
https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... x&cPath=11

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ggi
Airman

Post by ggi »

I've just installed the Spitfire in P3D3.1 by redirecting the installer to P3D manually.it appears to work fine!!
Gary

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ggi wrote:I've just installed the Spitfire in P3D3.1 by redirecting the installer to P3D manually.it appears to work fine!!
Gary
Yes you can port the aircraft but its not officially supported and we cannot validate the physics or flight modelling on the P3D platform when using FSX software on it.

thanks,
Lewis

sleightflight
Airman

Post by sleightflight »

Ok, thanks guys.
Will A2A be doing a native P3D version please ?

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

sleightflight wrote:Ok, thanks guys.
Will A2A be doing a native P3D version please ?

Lewis answered your question in the second post of "no plans". I'm a P3D user as well but one must understand that P3D is not for entertainment use but for commercial and training...A2A's P3d native installers fall under that with their GA planes. Just be happy that all A2A planes and the updater currently work flawlessly in the most current version of P3D let it be by native installers or port overs.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

pipeorgan
Airman

Post by pipeorgan »

Quote "Just be happy that all A2A planes and the updater currently work flawlessly in the most current version of P3D let it be by native installers or port overs".

That's excellent news. For the Spitfire do I just point the installer to the P3DV3.1 directory or is there anything else to do?

BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Post by BrettT »

That's what I did, but I also made a copy of the P3d.exe and renamed it FSX. Worked well for me, so far I have the J-3, P-40., P-51, Spitfire and B377 installed this way along with P3D versions of the Comanche and C172

pipeorgan
Airman

Post by pipeorgan »

Thank you very much for the clarification, I will try that tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

pipeorgan
Airman

Post by pipeorgan »

Fantastic, only had a few flights but seems to work perfectly so no need for FSX SE now. Thank you very much for the suggestion. Will now install my Cub. (Just like to add that I wood repurchase the aircrafts if a fully supported P3DV3 version came out.)

BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Post by BrettT »

Glad it worked well for you. I completely agree, I would definitely purchase a P3D version if available, though I am thankful that A2A is very supportive of users doing this on their own. One of the best customer support companies out there.

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

I'm going to bump this old thread to beg for a P3D installer as well. Previously I'd been using the Estonia Migration Tool for a few things that didn't have P3D v3 installers, but in the end I think it kind of wrecked my sim :( This seems to work well enough by pointing the directory usually, but I'd still love to see a native installer for one of my favorite planes!

Thanks,

-stefan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

shortspecialbus wrote:I'm going to bump this old thread to beg for a P3D installer as well. Previously I'd been using the Estonia Migration Tool for a few things that didn't have P3D v3 installers, but in the end I think it kind of wrecked my sim :( This seems to work well enough by pointing the directory usually, but I'd still love to see a native installer for one of my favorite planes!

Thanks,

-stefan
If it was as easy as making a new installer we would have done it many years ago but as you discovered with your porting a P3D product is a P3D product, it has its own SDK and its own formats etc etc. It is a separate product.

thanks,
Lewis

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
shortspecialbus wrote:I'm going to bump this old thread to beg for a P3D installer as well. Previously I'd been using the Estonia Migration Tool for a few things that didn't have P3D v3 installers, but in the end I think it kind of wrecked my sim :( This seems to work well enough by pointing the directory usually, but I'd still love to see a native installer for one of my favorite planes!

Thanks,

-stefan
If it was as easy as making a new installer we would have done it many years ago but as you discovered with your porting a P3D product is a P3D product, it has its own SDK and its own formats etc etc. It is a separate product.

thanks,
Lewis
Oh, for sure. I'd be willing to buy a revamped version of the Spitfire or pay a fee of some sort for a P3D v3.1 installer.

-stefan

sleightflight
Airman

Post by sleightflight »

This is still the aircraft I choose to fly more than any other aircraft in my simulator, and I have plenty of very good aircraft.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”