A2A Spitfire download

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Robert C
Airman Basic

A2A Spitfire download

Post by Robert C »

A2A Spitfire download went to zip file, thus to FSX aircraft file. However, when displayed, aircraft was badly fragmented showing only pilot and cockpit area, otherwise download showed incomplete. Cockpit panel view fragmented also, but I was able to lock entry panel, close canopy, switch on mags, etc. prime engine, cranked engine, exhaust appeared, engine cranking sound, no propeller. However, from limited in- flight cockpit view, I had control enough to glide and land on wheels, landing flaps down, and brake to a stop. I knew I had wheels and flaps down because for one attempt and one attempt only, the display showed a black silhouette of the aircraft, including a static propeller. The silhouette then disappeared. I checked PC further for over an hour and was informed A2A program incompatible, which rules out further attempts at downloads. I ordered a disc with the download and will try it before taking further steps. I have little hope regards the disc. Pilot's Lounge opinion is appreciated. Maybe take the whole lot to my computer guy and have him install it. What do you think?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Spitfire download

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hello Robert

Welcome to the A2A universe. I'm sure you'll like it here.
First of all please tell us what platform you use: FSX, FSX steam or P3D.
A2A has the best customer support, so don't worry Lewis will help you as soon as possible
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

In FSX, make sure you have SP2 installed. Do you have Accu-Sim for your Spit? The Accu-Sim is a separate download for the Spitfire. If you do have Accu-Sim you must run the update R found in the Accu-Sim Spitfire forum. Carefully follow the instructions in the manual for setting up FSX.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you're running FSX disc edition and it is not updated to meet the requirements for the Spitfire and for that matter the majority of third party content these days. You will want to update your FSX with either the Acceleration add-on package or the two Free service packs for FSX from Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Game ... fault.aspx

You will also need to check your settings match the manual in FSX itself.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Robert C
Airman Basic

Re: A2A Spitfire download Robert C

Post by Robert C »

Thanks everyone who responded, it is appreciated. Accordingly, I have work cut out for me to get Spitfire on line. I will get it to work. One step at a time. Thanks again.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”