Gear

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Bozdog
Airman First Class

Gear

Post by Bozdog »

Loving this plane. One thing that has happened to me is that on 2 out of my 4 flights so far, only 1 Wheel has come down when lowering the undercarriage, this has happened on the Mark 1 & 2. on the second occasion I had noticed from the outside view that one of the gears had also not fully retracted on take off.

Each time the gear light has illuminated as up or down each time

Am I just being unlucky with the failures that has been modelled into it?

Regards

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Gear

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi,

are you running the Accusim Pack for the Spitfire? If yes: Did you run the latest updater? It can be found here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 24&t=41279

Also what does the mainetenance hangar say?

The MkI Spitfire has a manual gear retraction and extension which means you have to pump the gear up and down with the handle on the right side of the cockpit. And you have to select if you want to extend the gear or lower the gear. If the gear is retracted and you select "down" the gear will slowly extend itself due to gravity. (I've done that before :roll: )

And finally what are your speeds when lowering the gear?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Bozdog
Airman First Class

Post by Bozdog »

Yes accusim installed and all up to date via the automatic updated. Speed was below 150mph. Pumping the handle only lowered one gear , the other stayed retracted but not 100% ie looked very slightly like it was not quite up, showed damaged in the hunger but I had just done a 1 wheel landing ! :-(

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Ok. Well then I would suggest you have your mechanic fix the issue and try again :wink:

Watch your gear speeds closely. I don't have that many hours on the Spitfire (10h on the MkI and 6h on the MkII or something like it) but I never had a problem with the gear.

Are your fluid levels all filled up?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Bozdog
Airman First Class

Post by Bozdog »

Fluid levels all full. I was flying it in Air HAuler ( I know not exactly realistic, but fun :lol: ) Mayby this is what is causing it

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I don't have any experience with AirHauler. Well did you fix it? Did the issue come back or is it solved so far?

Bozdog
Airman First Class

Post by Bozdog »

Haven't had a chance to have another flight yet,but hopefully later today :-)

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”