Saving flight not working?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
equusjumper
Airman

Post by equusjumper »

Trying to save flight but nothing is saved except for the location at the beginning of the flight? Can anyone clarify the save process for me and what should actually be saved? What might I be doing wrong or is this a glitch? Thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Saving flight not working?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what are you expecting to be saved and are you using the Accu-sim Spitfire or just the Spitfire base package? Also are you all updated with the latest Accu-sim update?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

equusjumper
Airman

Post by equusjumper »

Hi, yes using the accu sim version, just purchased last month. How do you know if you need an update and how do you do the update? I've looked on the A2A website and in the flight simulator but can't find anything?

Settings on the plane are not saving, i.e. switches, fuel level etc. The save is not opening with the plane in the same condition as when last played, just the same location.

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Hello.
Always run the updater when getting a new Accusim model. http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279
As far as starting a saved flight, this is an issue with FSX.
You need to start a flight first, then load the saved flight. This seems to work.

r601020
Senior Airman

Post by r601020 »

I have a saved landing I practice, and as you say, the aircraft settings are not saved. Working around the problem, when the flight loads, I immediately press pause, then adjust aircraft settings.

The one setting while paused that does not adjust to the new setting when un-pausing, is prop (with 3 propeller) in Mk II. Though I've adjusted it while paused, ie., 35%, it's still at 100% after un-pausing, so I immediately press CTRL-F2 after un-pausing to bring it to 0%, and then readjust to 35%.

All my saved flights are like this.
Richard

Percival
Airman Basic

Post by Percival »

I'm sorry for posting in an old tread, just want to clarify things for me. I have Spit with Accusim, latest update installed. When I load my saved flight, all Accusim data (wear & failures, airframe hrs, level of liquids etc) is loaded correctly. But the panel state itself, including status of all custom switches and controls, doesn't look to be saved at all, except for some "default" switches like nav lights. For example, fuel cocks are always on when a flight is loaded. I tried to load default flight first, then load Spit flight from in-game menu, that doesn't work. So I wonder if this is how it's meant to be with Spitfire, or that's just my problem?

Other Accusim aircraft (all GA planes, 377 and B-17) I have, save their panel states nicely, no problems with them.
Emil

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

You need to choose "Cold and Dark" in F3 before saving...that should leave everything "off" on loadup.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

You could also hit "auto Cold&Dark". That puts the plane in Cold&Dark every time you load it. I have that set for the warbirds.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”