Spitfire Issues FSX SE

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Redlightning777
Airman

Spitfire Issues FSX SE

Post by Redlightning777 »

Evening..

I recently decided to install FSX SE.. I followed all instructions to install my spitfire. However after running main spitfire install then accusim. then the autoupdater... I find that there is NO response from the aircraft.. exactly like this post..

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 78&t=42319

I manually installed the update linked in that post... finally works.

Am I to understand that if I use the auto-updater, this is going to happen each time to my spit? Is this a problem with the auto-updater.

Not to mention that when I went to reinstall my spitfire from scratch.. the autoupdater wouldn't update it again.. claiming that it was already updated.

Is this problem just inherent to the spitfire.. or am I going to run into this issue with other aircraft as well.

EDIT: Also .. is this update found in the linked thread the most recent one?

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Spitfire Issues FSX SE

Post by bladerunner900 »

Do you have any other A2A aircraft to install, like the 172 for example? If so, when you install that the Spitfire should work again as will the on-line updater.

Whenever I used to install FSX, the first A2A aircraft I would install would be the Spitfire, followed by the Accu-sim add-on and it would work perfectly. Unfortunately, I found that using the on-line updater would break it. There would be no animations, no sound in cockpit and the prop would not spin.

I then discovered by accident, that after installing my FSX C172, the Spitfire would work again and the on-line updater's would have no further adverse effect on the Spitfire.

So it looks to me as if there is something in the updater's that have an adverse effect on a single Spitfire install. Probably something overlooked in a .dll file.

Cheers.
Steve.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the report Steve will pass this along to the guys and see if we can trace anything our end.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

toby23
Airman First Class

Post by toby23 »

I upgraded my C172 FSX purchase to P3D when it was released.
Is there another way that I can get my Spitfire working in FSX SE?
I have all the same issues as mentioned below.
I've tried installing other A2A aircraft afterwards but don't anything 'modern', which I think is the key here.

Thanks,
Toby
bladerunner900 wrote:Do you have any other A2A aircraft to install, like the 172 for example? If so, when you install that the Spitfire should work again as will the on-line updater.

Whenever I used to install FSX, the first A2A aircraft I would install would be the Spitfire, followed by the Accu-sim add-on and it would work perfectly. Unfortunately, I found that using the on-line updater would break it. There would be no animations, no sound in cockpit and the prop would not spin.

I then discovered by accident, that after installing my FSX C172, the Spitfire would work again and the on-line updater's would have no further adverse effect on the Spitfire.

So it looks to me as if there is something in the updater's that have an adverse effect on a single Spitfire install. Probably something overlooked in a .dll file.

Cheers.
Steve.

toby23
Airman First Class

Post by toby23 »

I think I might have found out what the problem is.
I ran the Majestic Q400 installer, which installs a version of Direct X that runs and installs elements of Direct X even if you already have Direct X installed, it appears to be an updater and not the 'official' DXSetup installer that most addons install.
Sounds odd yes but after running that installer, I have animations in the Spitfire again.
Toby

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sounds like you had a system error that the Majestic Microsoft installer fixed for you.

thanks,
Lewis

toby23
Airman First Class

Post by toby23 »

No system errors here, this is a brand new build and totally fresh install, the Spitfire was the first addon that I installed into FSX SE, and the Majestic installer has always had a version of DXSetup that manages to install updates every time instead of the version included with A2A aircraft that informs me that it's already found a more recent version.. No matter, at least it's working now for me.
Last edited by toby23 on 03 Aug 2015, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Perhaps I should mention that I get the same problem in both the Boxed version and Steam edition of FSX and that both are cured in the same fashion, at least on my system.

Cheers.
Steve.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

toby23 wrote:No system errors here, this is a brand new build and totally fresh install, the Spitfire was the first addon that I installed into FSX SE, and the Majestic installer has always had a version of DXSetup that manages to install updates every time instead of the version included with A2A aircraft that informs me that it's already found a more recent version.. No matter, at least it's working now for me.
Yup that sounds like a system issue then, if a direct X component isn't working and a direct X install fixes the issue.

thanks,
Lewis

pipeorgan
Airman

Post by pipeorgan »

I am planning to purchase the Spitfire for FSX SE, can I assume that all is now OK with the Spitfire/Accusim installation and auto- updater? I would appreciation some confirmation on this.

Thanks. John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

pipeorgan wrote:I am planning to purchase the Spitfire for FSX SE, can I assume that all is now OK with the Spitfire/Accusim installation and auto- updater? I would appreciation some confirmation on this.

Thanks. John
Yes John, some users might need an extra step but most just run the updater after installing the Spitfire and its Accu-sim pack.

thanks,
Lewis

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

There's been something "off" with the Spitfire install for a while now. Hence the dedicated Spitfire update a while ago. If you only have the A2A Spitfire to install then you won't know until you install and update it. It only affects me if I don't install another A2A product, the C172 for example. I haven't seen anyone else report the same problem in the same circumstances, so it could be a problem unique to my system.

pipeorgan
Airman

Post by pipeorgan »

Thanks guys for the confirmation, I will install it over the weekend. Really looking forward to flying the Spitfire with my Oculus Rift. I am sure it will be as real as it can get without actually being in the aircraft :) cheers. John

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”