HOW TO TURN ACCUSIM OFF ?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Busterbvi
Airman

HOW TO TURN ACCUSIM OFF ?

Post by Busterbvi »

Greetings to the forum. Firstly, huge congratulations to all involved in this Spitfire masterpiece, it is quite stunning and a joy to fly, shame it doesnt have functional guns though, oh well !
I have the accusim pack and to be honest I have mixed feelings about that. I want to try flying with Accusim disabled, I have the manuals printed off and on page 24 it says that it can be turned on or off with a single switch but it doesnt say which switch !? I have gone through the manual, moused over every switch in the cockpit but cant find anything, have I overlooked something ?

Thanks, Buster.
HTPC. HX750 PSU. Asus Z87 Pro. i7 4770k. 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866mhz. 120 GB SSD (Boot) 1TB SSD (Storage) GTX 980ti SC. Win 7 / 64 bit. Yamaha RX-V 673
AVR. BenQ W1070 PJ. 120" Screen. Energy 7.1 Surround. Serving wench & Lap dancing facilities.

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: HOW TO TURN ACCUSIM OFF ?

Post by guenseli »

but it doesnt say which switch

... the switch called "Accusim off" :mrgreen:

bring up panel 2 (shift 2) and have another search and you'll find it...
(or it is maybe panel 3 (shift 3) ... I always mix them up)

Fedex B17Pilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fedex B17Pilot »

guenseli wrote:
but it doesnt say which switch

... the switch called "Accusim off" :mrgreen:

bring up panel 2 (shift 2) and have another search and you'll find it...
(or it is maybe panel 3 (shift 3) ... I always mix them up)
Correct shift+3 and at the very bottom. :D
ImageImageImage

Busterbvi
Airman

Post by Busterbvi »

OK, shift 3 there is no "Accusim Off" the closest thing is "Damage Off" which is rather ambiguous. If there is a Accusim Off switch can you post a screenie ?

Checked all the other panels, shift 2 to 7, nothing. I might want to delete Accusim, where does the file hide, cant find it in the usual place !
HTPC. HX750 PSU. Asus Z87 Pro. i7 4770k. 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866mhz. 120 GB SSD (Boot) 1TB SSD (Storage) GTX 980ti SC. Win 7 / 64 bit. Yamaha RX-V 673
AVR. BenQ W1070 PJ. 120" Screen. Energy 7.1 Surround. Serving wench & Lap dancing facilities.

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

Yes, it is "Damage off".

Sorry.
The B17 is the only addon (or maybe the B377 too?) that uses damage instead of accusim

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Edit
Wrong aircraft for my answer!!
Sorry 'bout that!
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Busterbvi
Airman

Post by Busterbvi »

OK Thanks, How do you delete / uninstal Accusim, cant find the file in the usual places ?

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

Why do you want to delete it?

Normally, you have a normal uninstall routine like normal windows programs...

Busterbvi
Airman

Post by Busterbvi »

Done with it to be honest, gave it a whirl, its not for me, makes the aircraft too delicate and tempermental, I feel Accusim over exagerates the weakneses of the real Spit.
I have spent enough time around Spits working on them as a volunteer many years ago to know this. Just my humble opinion.
Last edited by Busterbvi on 31 Aug 2012, 09:11, edited 1 time in total.

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

hmmm, thats the first time I hear something like that about Accusim.
My Spit here is not very weak as long as I ride her in the limits.

But of course, I've never touched a Spit in reallife, nor I'm a pilot ...

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Busterbvi wrote:Done with it to be honest, gave it a whirl, its not for me, makes the aircraft too delicate and tempermental, I feel Accusim over exagerates the weakneses of the real Spit.
I have spent enough time around Spits working on them as a volunteer many years ago to know this. Just my humble opinion.

......................perhaps if you had actually flown one ? :-))))))))))

All kidding aside.........the flight model on these A2A fighters is about as close to the real thing as I've seen done for flight simulator. It they weren't accurate I'd have to explain to my wife why I'd wasted about 5 years of my life working on them. :-))

Addressing your "problem"; sorry you're having issues. I'm sure the issue isn't the FM however. If you care to hang in a bit, perhaps some of our "computer guys" can help get you up and running correctly.

Busterbvi
Airman

Post by Busterbvi »

Quote:
[Addressing your "problem"; sorry you're having issues. I'm sure the issue isn't the FM however. If you care to hang in a bit, perhaps some of our "computer guys" can help get you up and running correctly.]

Dudley.

Not having issues, are you commenting on someone elses post ?

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Busterbvi wrote:Quote:
[Addressing your "problem"; sorry you're having issues. I'm sure the issue isn't the FM however. If you care to hang in a bit, perhaps some of our "computer guys" can help get you up and running correctly.]

Dudley.

Not having issues, are you commenting on someone elses post ?
Sorry. I just assumed that since you said you were done with the Spit; that it was too temperamental and sensitive, and that you had the experience to make this observation, you just "might" be having some trouble with the product. :-))))))

If you're happy with it, I'll just move along and let you go flying.

Busterbvi
Airman

Post by Busterbvi »

Dudley, Im very happy with the Spit, the model, VC, flight dynamics etc are a truly stunning masterpiece and it will remain cherished in my hangar.

I just want to de Accusim it, I bought and downloaded Accusim as a seperate package and I cant see how to uninstal Accusim.
It may be in Win 7 "programmes & Features" but not near my FSX PC right now to check.
Last edited by Busterbvi on 31 Aug 2012, 10:23, edited 2 times in total.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Busterbvi wrote:Dudley, Im very happy with the Spit, the model, VC, flight dynamics etc are truly stunning and it will remain in my hangar.

I just want to de Accusim it, I bought and downloaded Accusim as a seperate package and I cant see how to uninstal Accusim.
It may be in Win 7 "programmes & Features" but not near my FSX PC right now to check.
Do me a favor. Hang in a bit with the Accusim. Trust me, after whatever seems wrong goes through our guys and gets working right you will have the most accurate Spit experience on the planet.
The work that went into the Spit's Accusim was unbelievable and I can tell you from actual flying experience that once you have it running as it should you'll be one happy Spit pilot.

So hang in. Post telling the guys exactly what seems wrong and I'm sure they can get you up and flying in what most of the sim world has already proclaimed in voice and print to be THE Spitfire package to own.
I'm just the "flying guy" around here so I'll let you make your decision and repost for the guys to climb on board and see if they can get you going.
Good luck.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”