Stick and rudder sounds missing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Slow Low
Airman

Stick and rudder sounds missing

Post by Slow Low »

Don't know when it happened, but the sounds for the Spit's stick and rudder are missing. I am sure there were control cable sounds last time I did a pre-flight on the spit, but that was nearly a year ago. I have bought and installed the P-51, P-47, P-40, and T-6 since then. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the spit this morning, but that didn't help. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but my P-40 stick and rudder cable sounds are missing too.

SFX SP2, Direct X 10 fixer, Nvidia 3D Surround, FSUIPC 4.971, Accu-Feel v2

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Stick and rudder sounds missing

Post by Scott - A2A »

I could be wrong but I don't believe we ever made stick sounds for the spit, partially because when it was released and also because of the type of stick that is used.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Scott,

I'm sure you are right...the control column needed two separate sounds because of the "break" and chain. I think you had much bigger fish to fry with the number of features at that stage!

D
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Slow Low
Airman

Post by Slow Low »

Thanks for the info. I am late to the game, so I don't know your product development timeline. I hope you saved the recordings and can find a way to add them in a future update. I really miss them. I have become so used to the real recorded cockpit sounds that those which are missing become glaring holes in the immersive experience Accu-Sim generally provides.

My first A2A product was Accu-Feel about 18 months ago, right after I finished building my sim cockpit. The addition of interactive ambient sounds really enhanced the immersive experience. I was so impressed, the next day I bought the A2A Cub with Accu-Sim. WOW! The addition of real Cub recordings (including switch sounds) blew my mind. I have physical switches in my sim cockpit, but they sound like toys. Now I simply put on my headset, load up an Accu-Sim airplane, and it sounds like I'm in the cockpit of the real thing (except when some sounds like the control stick and rudder are missing :cry: )

Hey, speaking of missing sounds, maybe in Accu-Feel V3 you can add a generic switches-and-controls sound package which would work with non Accu-Sim aircraft. I'd buy that upgrade yesterday :)

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”