Cold Start - brakes won't release?

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Cold Start - brakes won't release?

Post by Ron Attwood »

Don't be confused by the word 'load'. Load means firing up your P3D so that a bog standard default aircraft is the first thing you see turning around in it's little window. THEN you can select an A2A aircraft.

Sorry to butt in. :oops:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yep, precisely as Ron says: please avoid saving a complex add-on such an Accu-Sim aircraft as a part of your default flight.

Thanks,
Nick

burns
Airman First Class

Post by burns »

IGNORE
Works after doing update. Thought updates were automatic. Just figured out how to do them.

Went to fly the Spitfire after having flown a P3d V4 Mooney (default aircraft). Spit won't move. Acts like brakes are locked on or Chocks are in. All indications in the aircraft and panel 3 show the brakes released and no chocks. This makes the plane unflyable of course.

RogMason
Airman Basic

Post by RogMason »

Hi, I'm new to A2A.
I purchased the Spitfire a year or two ago and am just getting around to installing and trying it out on FSX.

My Equipment:
FSX, CH Pedals, Saitek Flight Stck

My Saved set up:
I have a saved situation, with the aeroplane parked at Biggin Hill, with a photo scenery package loaded for accurate visual navigation when (if) I get of the ground.

My problem:
I do a cold start or an auto start and I can'r release the parking brakes??? No matter what I try, I can't get them to release.

Can anybody assist me please?

Many thanks in advance,
RogMason

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have FSX+Accelereation , and my default flight is the trike at friday harbour in cold and dark , then i select the airport and time , then select aircraft i wish to fly .
I have not had any issues with stuck on park brakes .
1/. is your aircraft fully updated , when you download and install , you should then run the updater .
Also more info on your system and sim will help others to help you , in finding and fixing your issue.
regards alan. 8)

knightfire_2001
Airman

Post by knightfire_2001 »

Funnily this exact thing happened to me yesterday, it’s the first time it’s happened after six years of flying the Spit in FSX.
After restarting the sim the problem went away. Hope it doesn’t happen again!

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”