Accu-sim Spitfire MkI-II (P3Dv4 ) Installation Failure

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
jtwillia
Airman

Accu-sim Spitfire MkI-II (P3Dv4 ) Installation Failure

Post by jtwillia »

I just purchased the Spitfire (P3Dv4) and ran the installer. The installer seemed to run without errors and reported that the Spit was installed. When I started P3D and tried to select the Spit it was not listed. I checked the folder (C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\) where my other A2A aircraft for P3D are installed and there are no folders for the Spit but there are entries for my other A2A aircraft (T6, Comanche250, Cessna182, L049).

The installer states: This program has detected that you have at least one A2A Simulations add-on installed in the folder below:

D:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A

I have removed that entire file tree but the the Spitfire installer continues to report this message when I run the installer.

My P3Dv4 is installed on my D drive, My P3Dv3 is installed on my G drive, and my Documents folder is on the C drive.
Jeffrey Williams

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Accu-sim Spitfire MkI-II (P3Dv4 ) Installation Failure

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jeffrey,

We've recently launched some new installers which detect where any existing A2A products are installed. This is to try and make the installation process and installing future updates a bit more straightforward.

In your case, it sounds like you may have relocated the directory in which your A2A aircraft are installed at some point. Based on the message the installer is showing, they were previously installed to "D:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A". If so, and if there are still leftover components in this location, this is probably where the installer has put the Spitfire.

Please have a read of this pinned topic for some advice on reinstalling with the new installers. One of the steps you'll need to take when reinstalling to a new location is to launch Prepar3D between uninstalling the old products (and removing any leftovers) and reinstalling the replacement ones.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. Were your existing P3Dv4 products installed with the new installers or with the old ones? It sounds like it might be the latter, so if you originally purchased from the A2A store, please follow the steps here for transferring your purchases to the new A2A store. The new installers will also be distributed to third-party stores asap.

jtwillia
Airman

Post by jtwillia »

Thanks for the pointer. I removed all existing A2A aircraft from P3Dv4, restarted P3D and confirmed that my existing A2A aircraft were no longer available. Then downloaded and installed from the new installers and all is well. I have all of my aircraft including the Spit. Thanks for the help.

ps. love the mirror :D
Jeffrey Williams

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's great to hear Jeffrey - you're welcome. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”