P3Dv4 Accu-sim Spitfire MkI-II Screenshots - RELEASE

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: P3Dv4 Accu-sim Spitfire MkI-II Screenshots - RELEASE

Post by Killratio »

Alehead...

Hotter sometimes, cooler others. A little less forgiving of long periods stationary on the ground.

D
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Nick - A2A wrote:
Daube wrote:How long will be that sale for the Spitfire ?
I won't be able to create an account in the new store for the next 10 days at least, so I hope I won't miss it :/
Hello Daube - if you check out Lewis's comment in the first post of this thread, the Spitfire will be on sale for one month, so you should be fine. :)

Cheers,
Nick
Ah, I missed that information, sorry about that. That's very good news for me, thanks a lot !

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Lewis

YEZ ITZA SPITZA!! What a plane …. a real mover. A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL AT A2A.

Of course, I also leapt from the ground and bought straight away, .... and saw days later the $10 OFF SALE price... hmmm.

I notice your reply to an earlier person's message to "fire you a PM". Honestly, I dont know how to PM you. Please give me a step by step instruction of how to PM; if that's what I need to do for "credit".

Could I have some sort of credit equivalent to $10? ......... pretty please.

Looking forward to your reply ..... but thats too much chatter, got to get back to firing her up and a bit of roaring, and soaring Coventry to Wolverhampton.... still not landed without sparks.

Thanks Lewis …... don't sweat if this is not feasible.

Rod

EGBB (sunny side up)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

rod321 wrote:Honestly, I dont know how to PM you. Please give me a step by step instruction of how to PM; if that's what I need to do for "credit".
Hi Rod,

It's pretty simple: just click on the 'pm' icon at bottom left of one of Lewis's posts above to send him a 'private message':

Thanks,
Nick

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Thanks for replying Nick

re ?credit for $10?

what is 'everyday' to some might be alien to others.

Interpreting your advice, i went back to Lewis' first message re Spitfire screenshots, clicked PM.

Then i did not know what to do and could see that the text window was full of entries relating to screenshots i.e. not a blank box for my usage.

So i scrolled down beyond Lewis' last entry and just added my message. I dont know if/how he will realise my message is there.

Have i understood your instruction or is there something i should have realised?

Rod

rlaycock
Airman First Class

Post by rlaycock »

Hi
For what its worth, I also bought the spitfire for full price, I contacted Lewis and he added 100 air points (equal to $10) to my account.

Best wishes
Bob

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Thanks Lewis, for the points.

NOW you get back to the BARN DANCE for the rest of yer b'day!

Rod
EGBB
Spitfire in Gloucester for the night, after spending the day roaring around the Midlands

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

Not a screenshot since I was in VR and don’t have a hot button for screenshots set up, but I was headed east last evening as the sun was setting and noticed something odd in front of me kind of slowly floating near the front of the nose.

Turns out it was the shadows of the antenna mast and vertical behind me on the prop disc. It was very cool. A bit of an adjustment and the horizontal, canopy, and rear view mirror all were casting shadows and were kind of buzzing on the prop blades. I don’t recall ever seeing anything like that before. Very cool.

I love the Spitfire. It handles beautifully and lands like a dream. My new favorite in P3D.

Thanks guys!

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Take my money!!! Sorry F/A-18C .. you stay on the AC tonight because I'll be flying the Spit!!

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Oh those backfired from the exhaust when we retard throttles over the fence are magnificent in VR!!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

There's now a Mk Ia Spit based at Arlington Airport:

On our way to investigate bogies over the Olympic Peninsula:

Great airplane!

Robin Takolander (famous YouTube guy who operates out of a secret base somewhere in Asia) thinks so too!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rGwN2vYD6U

Seeya
ATB

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice shots! 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jcagle
Airman

Post by jcagle »

I posted this review in the A2A store, and it was either deleted or not approved to be added. It was honest and reflective; I've been an A2A customer for over a decade, and this release has been a little disappointing. I'm frankly not so concerned with this release, but that all future conversions will have a similar outcome.

Regards,
John

---------------

If you have never purchased the A2A Spitfire, this is probably worth acquiring. A2A has been more than generous with upgrades to date, but for those of us who owned the previous version, this should be a $10-20 upgrade fee. Several significant issues exist that would not be present in a ‘new’ product that has been built from the ground up.

- The damping of the roll and yaw axis can make or break the character of an airplane, and (pre-stall) this flies on rails just like the original A2A Spitfire. Newer A2A aircraft such as the P-40, T-6, and C-182 do not have this problem.

- The VRS TacPack has been available for 5 years. How many $50 combat aircraft allow you to load ammunition and not deploy? I’m not wanting a dogfight, ground targets on hay bales or flying banner targets would be great. Part of mastering a combat aircraft is aerial gunnery and it feels limiting to have caps on primary function.

- I’m not going to count polygons, but the VC model size (in MB) of the other A2A P3Dv4 cockpit are: 17 (T-6), 18 (C-182), 14 (PA-24), and 18 (L-049) while the Spitfire is 9 MB.

All of this adds up a port with a little polish applied on the original model. For a real-world classic, design limitations based on period knowledge and capability are endearing. For a digital product, these limitations are immersion breakers.

Had A2A asked for an upgrade price, I would happily pay to bring an old favorite back to life. But asking fair market price should reflect fair market standards.

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

jcagle wrote:I posted this review in the A2A store, and it was either deleted or not approved to be added. It was honest and reflective; I've been an A2A customer for over a decade, and this release has been a little disappointing. I'm frankly not so concerned with this release, but that all future conversions will have a similar outcome.

Regards,
John

---------------

If you have never purchased the A2A Spitfire, this is probably worth acquiring. A2A has been more than generous with upgrades to date, but for those of us who owned the previous version, this should be a $10-20 upgrade fee. Several significant issues exist that would not be present in a ‘new’ product that has been built from the ground up.

- The damping of the roll and yaw axis can make or break the character of an airplane, and (pre-stall) this flies on rails just like the original A2A Spitfire. Newer A2A aircraft such as the P-40, T-6, and C-182 do not have this problem.

- The VRS TacPack has been available for 5 years. How many $50 combat aircraft allow you to load ammunition and not deploy? I’m not wanting a dogfight, ground targets on hay bales or flying banner targets would be great. Part of mastering a combat aircraft is aerial gunnery and it feels limiting to have caps on primary function.

- I’m not going to count polygons, but the VC model size (in MB) of the other A2A P3Dv4 cockpit are: 17 (T-6), 18 (C-182), 14 (PA-24), and 18 (L-049) while the Spitfire is 9 MB.

All of this adds up a port with a little polish applied on the original model. For a real-world classic, design limitations based on period knowledge and capability are endearing. For a digital product, these limitations are immersion breakers.

Had A2A asked for an upgrade price, I would happily pay to bring an old favorite back to life. But asking fair market price should reflect fair market standards.
About the cockpit, I'd say this is just a number. Because it looks alive and beautiful, way more than Connie's (that I still love, I'm sure that A2A did what they could to fit as much as they could in that huge cockpit)

But I'm also saddened by the business practice, that is a trend nowadays and is now considered normal among most devs. Obsolescence is a cash cow in our society, you know how most newer cars don't last much beyond 160K miles and the manufacturer makes sure that expensive parts have to be replaced throughout the car's life; how smartphones have to be changed every two years because either the battery is dead leaving you with ridiculous autonomy, or because a software update made the thing laggy and unusable.

Heck, even aircraft manufacturers are starting to do that, selling airplanes at loss but holding a monopoly on maintenance parts and selling them hell of expansive. One well-known avionics manufacturer recently closed all of it's technical documentation, which means that nobody but them can legally repair your SRUs now.
Those practices are obviously wrong and an open insult to the customers but it's so widely used that it is now accepted as normal.
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”