missing my spit p3d v4 :(

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

missing my spit p3d v4 :(

Post by Tutmeister »

Having been a long term user of p3d I'm aware of the situation but so far it has always been fine.
I haven't tried yet but has anyone here tried to crowbar this into v4? I have been good and been patient but it is too much now!
Having spent about 20 minutes in a real spit this weekend and then spending Sunday comparing photos I took with various manuals it became too much to handle. I'm contemplating installing fsx just to get my fix!!

Is all hope lost with v4 until the new release or is there a way to make it work (unofficially of course....;)....)?

Suffering Withdrawal.
Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: missing my spit p3d v4 :(

Post by bladerunner900 »

Yes, I know how you feel. It drove me to the point that I gave it a go in 4.1 and managed to get it working. Updated to 4.2 and it still works. How I did it originally is in this post.
https://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vi ... 15#p472816

Be aware that others have tried with little or no success, the reason for which I have no idea. The success rate seems very random to me.

Steve.

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Ahhhhh, that's better :)

Installed as you said. I installed some of my p3d native a2a's. Then installed the spit and accusim to a dummy fsx folder. Updated to the same folder and then dropped the whole lot into my p3d add ons\a2a folder. Made sure not to over write any of the dlls that have the same name. Just done a flight in the mk2. God it's good, I'm like a junky after a fix now. Ok back to it, I have some scramble and climb challenges to try now!
Thanks for your help.
Chris :)
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Good to hear.

What we all need now is for A2A to release the official Spitfire sim. I gather from various posts that it has been in testing for some months now. Time to focus back on us 'little people' and release, in my opinion.

Steve.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

c_prowse
Airman

Post by c_prowse »

I'm in the same boat. Missing my Spit, B-17 and the other war birds. Nobody makes a better aircraft than A2A. Just grabbed their Comanche 250 and they just keep getting better and better with every release. Hoping since they did such a wonderful job on the Texan a DHC 2 accusim beaver would be phenominal. Blow Milviz right out of the water. Can you imagine accusim in a beaver? The shaking, squeaks and rattles, the oscillating needles on the gauges. The noise of that thumping radial echoing through the valleys. Maintenance hanger, Alaska mods, Kenmore or Viking mods... Needs a good bush plane that's faster than their J3 also not V4 ready. J3 was great too just not very practical but still fun to fly and look at. I need my fix too I'm going crazy flying GA or flying the other lesser developers add on aircraft. I'm an A2A junkie lol.

Flappy
Airman Basic

Post by Flappy »

I’m just about to chance a purchase on this.

I went V4 for Oculus as since I have a HOTAS I don’t use keys as much. I’ve got Deluxe disc (uninstalled but the GMax and dev kit remain), FSX SE under Flyinside and P3DV4.2 currently installed. All the WOP 1 heavies with the exception of the Lancaster and the Liberator and the fighters from WOP 2 are nabbed directories from my former FSX install and work OK in good weather from in cockpit in SE.

But unfortunately I know that I am missing out sorely by not having the new Accusim AC especially the Spitfire but also the Tomahawk which is a personal favorite. Also just lately I’ve become keenly interested in MK.I paint schemes as I am working on a tribute BoB project of my own so I guess I’m in what we might term to be the “design” phase. I’ve acquired the expensive color matched period correct paint in RAF Dark Green and Dark Earth and the funky RAF interior color but I haven’t chosen a tail number yet or the underside final color (there were a LOT of variances there I gather).

I’m not really interested in the well-known pilots of these AC like Bader so much as much is already known but if anyone has any other suggestions I’m all ears. I probably should post down in the BoB section as there has been much research there but I LUST after this aircraft in particular for my P3D VR fix. With the COS 377 and the Tomahawk right behind. I’d get it for FSX but the overhead of all my add ons is taxing enough to cause hiccups as is and I’m loath to give up either weather or traffic as I’m accustomed to both. So far with the same add ons activated in P3D it is a much smoother experience over Flyinside running the same and Steam Edition. I think I heard that Flyinside was thinking of developing a flight sim directly but since it will be unlikely to be directly MSFX sourced or compatible in ANY form we all may be in for a rather expensive ride to get us where we “are” now.

Sorry if I’ve gone on rather too long, but I DO love the ‘Spit and it sure would/will be nice to see a P3DV4 version as it would/will be an insty-buy for me.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hi Flappy.

You would be taking a chance with the current Spitfire for P3D. I would wait for the official one and eventually, the official P40 for P3D v4.xx also.

I already had both so it was no skin off my teeth if they did not work. Surprisingly they did, but I will still be getting both again when available.

Steve.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

For the conversion to take this long there must be some horrendous problems! So grave, I fear we'll never see the Spitfire or Mustang or P40 ever again. I even unearthed my old RealAir Spitfire(which drops into P3Dv4.2 without a murmur and it's really rather good.

Oh, I did try to shoehorn the A2A Spitfire into P3D but it squealed like a stuck pig.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I got my A2A P-40 working in P3Dv4.2 a few weeks back. It was an act of pure desperation. It's just as good as it was in FSX, but I will buy the P3D upgrade soon as it comes out because I know it will be even better.

Seeya
ATB

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Ron Attwood wrote:For the conversion to take this long there must be some horrendous problems! So grave, I fear we'll never see the Spitfire or Mustang or P40 ever again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja06DJrFe5E

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

There, there, don't take on so. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Thanks Ron. It's nice to know that we can count on you for comfort and understanding. :mrgreen:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Soon
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”