Confiigurator selections not connecting to spitfire

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
flash2
Senior Airman

Re: Confiigurator selections not connecting to spitfire

Post by flash2 »

Corrections on T-6 Configurator. I am able to get it independent of the configurator window with GPS and Landing lights.

John

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Sorry,

I was able to find the T-6 Configurator window- says last modified in 2016 but works and have set controls but have not tried saving yet to default plane.

Spitfire still does not open with magnetos off but can live with it if no fix

Ps - I call each plane that I fly my default plane if I am planning to stick with that plane for a period of time and use the last setting that I have applied when loading. Oh! - Is that what you mean by loading in your previous note. If so - I select the plane I wish to fly then select Load, and then select the last plane in the load list as it is the most up to date with my selections and make this my default plane.

The reason that I am bouncing around with planes is that the last time I downloaded a number of ORBX Stuff I ended up creating MSFX scenery errors by trying to prioritize scenery. I have had to uninstall everything and start from scratch including MSFX Steam and wish to get back to where I was prior to the problems I had. Upon fixing these I will soon try to download ORBX again using their FTX Central System and hope everything works out as I am told that it automatically inserts the scenery in the correct priority in MSFX .

John

John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

a default aircraft is an aircraft that comes with the sim platform in this case fsx.

Its good practice to load say, the basic FSX C172 first and then switch your aircraft once loaded in. This can help avoid load issues.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Thanks Lewis,

Will do one default plane.

Have T-6 up and running with Configurator settings. Have not tired GPS or Landing lights yet as not needed now but could not open either of them to make selections. Got strange message re losing mouse pointing control in cockpit so didn't want to mess with it yet. One item I could not get to work in the T-6 was to use a lever on a 2nd throttle quadrant control to raise and lower the landing gear for more realism. I am doing this for flaps. I am presently using a button on the throttle quadrant operate the landing gear. FSX does not seem to give me and up /down option for landing gear other than a single button. Any Suggestions?

I am using a lever on the Spitfire to control the radiator flap.

Still cant get the Spitfire to open with the magneto's off but have programmed a couple of buttons to turn them off. If I remember correctly they do go off with "Cold Start" but that does not stick when I save the flight and call it up to load.

Plugging along here and Hoping to re download my ORBX Scenery Soon. Not flying much but enjoying the challenge of getting things working to my desires.

Thanks again,

John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey John,

as you get more advanced you might want to look into something like FSUIPC for some advanced mapping, you'll find it a lot more powerful than using just the FSX parts and essentially allow bunch of freedom. I would recommend some reading up first as its a super powerful program that opens up the control aspects of the sim.

You could start a new thread on the forums here in say the pilots lounge main forum for some general help and advice on its use to fit and suit your needs and current setup.

thanks,
Lewis

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Thanks Lewis,

I have spent my past free time uninstalling and installing my set up from scratch due to some Scenery errors produced when I installed lots of ORBX scenery and messed with scenery priorities in MSFX -Steam and now I am back up and operating and enjoying the scenery. I think I will cool it for a while and just enjoy flying. I have Ant's Tiger Moth, Accu-sim T-6 and Spitfires and will fly the Tiger Moth to get back up to speed. I have asked around re flying with other Tiger Moth pilots( flew in a real one this summer) and it was suggested that I try CIX VFR Club and VATSIM. Is there an more direct or easier way to fly with other Tiger Moth Pilots? Is VATSIM an alternative to MFX Steam or does it use Steam?

Thanks,
John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I would simple recommend CIX VFR Club also to help you going, there a great bunch and regularly recommended by many on these forums too.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”