spitfire going through the hangars at bassingbourne

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

spitfire going through the hangars at bassingbourne

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I had an itch that needed scratching , being a member of the 91st , UKBA bassingbourne being the home base , and haveing scenery for this , there is 4 hangars in an arc , in the centre is a couple of small buildings with a slight gap , i decided to try and fly through the 4 hangars and between these buildings , decided to use the spit , its taken me all week trying , then yesterday for the first time , i managed it , the video shows the actual run , plus several replays , from different angles , and finally a multi pause replay , that confirmed i did it , as normal replays , i could not tell , if i had hit the floor or cieling in the hangars , and i could not see if i had missed the buildings in the centre , the final multi pause replay , proved i had just missed everything with inchs to spare.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154544381
regards alan. 8)

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: spitfire going through the hangars at bassingbourne

Post by Killratio »

Nice flying (one letter on way from the authorities though!!).

With the Vent...it is the silver wheel just inside the cockpit coaming rotates to open/close it.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: spitfire going through the hangars at bassingbourne

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Killratio.
Thanks for reminding me , once you told me where the vent switch was , i realised a did know about it , when i first got the spit , not flown it as much as i should do , also yesterday , i tried same trick again , going through the hangars , took a few goes , but did it again , so first time was not a fluke , it is repeatable , it just aint easy to do , hate to think how many trips to the hangar i made repairing things , while trying this stunt.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”