Griffin Powered Spit

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Griffin Powered Spit

Post by Killratio »

TomLovesMustangs wrote:These pills are not working. :lol: :mrgreen: :P
Double the dose and put a picture of a 109G on your wall. Call me in the morning.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Post by TomLovesMustangs »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aerodil
Senior Airman

Post by Aerodil »

I know it's a bit late to reply to this thread but I'd like to make a suggestion to the OP for a Griffon engined Spitfire.

RealAir Spitfire (Mk.XIV to be precise) should make you happy. It's got the contra-rotating props and everything. Granted it's not Accu-Simmed, but still. It's pretty good.

Whatsmore, despite what he implies here, it's got the seal of approval from Dudley as well.
In fact I'll quote him: "My bottom line on RealAir Simulations and what they have done with the Griffon Spitfire: it's a complete winner for me, and I'd recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in a wonderful experience that borders on the real world; as close as I've ever seen it reproduced for Microsoft Flight Simulator."
:D

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Aerodil wrote:I know it's a bit late to reply to this thread but I'd like to make a suggestion to the OP for a Griffon engined Spitfire.

RealAir Spitfire (Mk.XIV to be precise) should make you happy. It's got the contra-rotating props and everything. Granted it's not Accu-Simmed, but still. It's pretty good.

Whatsmore, despite what he implies here, it's got the seal of approval from Dudley as well.
In fact I'll quote him: "My bottom line on RealAir Simulations and what they have done with the Griffon Spitfire: it's a complete winner for me, and I'd recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in a wonderful experience that borders on the real world; as close as I've ever seen it reproduced for Microsoft Flight Simulator."
:D
I was obviously kidding with Killratio about the Griffon. He's a Spit purist and extremely knowledgeable on the plane. We enjoy going back and forth from time to time.
Realair did a superb job on their Spitfire. They are a quality developer and I have known Rob Young for years.
At the time RA did their Spitfire it was state of the art. The Spitfire done by A2A years later is a masterpiece and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Dudley Henriques

Aerodil
Senior Airman

Post by Aerodil »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: I was obviously kidding with Killratio about the Griffon. He's a Spit purist and extremely knowledgeable on the plane. We enjoy going back and forth from time to time...
...At the time RA did their Spitfire it was state of the art. The Spitfire done by A2A years later is a masterpiece and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Dudley Henriques
I figured as much. :D

And agreed, but it's Mk.II and doesn't have the Griffon.
I personally can't fly the RealAir Spitfire since the A2A's, but maybe the OP won't mind that it's not Accu-Simmed.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Well, Dudley is half right...

I know a fair amount about Spitfires....just not much about that other thing they made next, after the Mk IX (which itself wasn't really a proper Spitfire anyway!).

:) :) :)

D
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

FlipS
Senior Airman

Post by FlipS »

At the time RA did their Spitfire it was state of the art. The Spitfire done by A2A years later is a masterpiece and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Dudley Henriques
I agree; the A2A Spitfires are my most favorite airplanes and the RA ones are very good, the second best Spitfires for FSX/P3D. They have nice engine sounds. Unfortunately RealAir reduced the price instead of bringing out an update.
You could add Gunter Teson’s RealEngine v1.4 (SOH) and Daniel Gauthier’s CockpitSounds v2 (Avsim) to the RA Spitfires. Choose the maximum power rather high in RealEngine, otherwise you will never experience the 'pleasure' of engine oil on the windshield. You still won’t have AccuSim quality, but I’m sure you will enjoy the RealAir Siptfires.
RAF West Malling EG58 is in the package including a number of AI Spitfires, so that you could train on a real WW II airfield. Of course you could visit West Malling with your A2A Spit or any other plane.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”