My goodness ! It's not that hard to fly at all !

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Re: My goodness ! It's not that hard to fly at all !

Post by Styggron »

Killratio wrote:
Styggron wrote:Hi Killratio,

Oh one more thing, as you know I have not installed accu-sim for the Spitfire yet. I have a quick question. Does changing to a 3 blade prop make much of a difference with the Spitfire ?
On the Spitfire I, the DH PCP airscrew will shorten your takeoff distance but INCREASE the time to height. This is due to the greater weight and being used in the tests as a variable..ie fine for takeoff, coarse once in the air. . You can improve the times by turning yourself into the constant speed govenor but it IS a skill.

The Two pitch gave a higher top speed and better consistency of speed and acceleration at different heights, hence the drop of in climb was worth it.

On the Spitfire II the 3 blade is a Rotol CS unit and will give all around better performance than the two blade, with better climb, speed, temperature management and acceleration.

D
Thanks for that Killratio. I always fly the MkII-B. I'll stick with my stock 2 blade for now and try to get better times. My times took a beating ever since I start the timer in the taxi area next to the runway rather than on the run way and started. :) Still.....lets see if I can get it to just under 15 minutes. :D
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Looking forward to seeing your times. I will give it a crack myself when I get a moment and tell you what I get. (am VERY rusty at the moment on the Mk II, let alone the Watts! )
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Killratio wrote:Looking forward to seeing your times. I will give it a crack myself when I get a moment and tell you what I get. (am VERY rusty at the moment on the Mk II, let alone the Watts! )
No problems. All my attempts are recorded and streamed on twitch now. Just look for Scramble the Squadron episodes :) Only done 2 but the first one was not right so really only 1.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”