If purchased, will the accusim add on be separate install ?

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Styggron
Master Sergeant

If purchased, will the accusim add on be separate install ?

Post by Styggron »

Hello

Quick question for Lewis and Scott / A2A staff

1. If I buy the Spitfire AND the accu sim module at the same time, will there be 2 files ? One for the spit install and one for the accu sim install ?
or
if purchased together do you just get a singe installer with the lot (This is what B377+COTS seemed to be)

Why am I asking ?
- Because I want to try a plane that can HAVE accusim *without* accu sim

If purchsed together and it comes in one installer it just means I can't try it without accu sim and I would have to buy them separately (with $5 penalty :))because then it MUST come separately.

For community members reading this may I humbly request please not to worry about "why I would not want accu sim / why would you want to try it without accu sim etc etc" :)

Thank you :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

bmbrzmn101
Staff Sergeant

Re: If purchased, will the accusim add on be separate instal

Post by bmbrzmn101 »

There will be two separate files. I would assume you can fly the spit without the accusim installed, but I don't know if accusim is installed if you can turn it off without uninstalling it.

Chris
The voices in your head will quieten down when you begin listening to them!

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

bmbrzmn101 wrote:There will be two separate files. I would assume you can fly the spit without the accusim installed, but I don't know if accusim is installed if you can turn it off without uninstalling it.

Chris
Absollutely you should be able to fly the spit without accu sim because you can buy it without. You can't turn it off per se if installed though.

So do you know for sure there are 2 separate files ? Because the B377, when I got it on special with COTS there was a single file so I could not install it without COTS hence my question.

Lets see what Lewis and Scott say.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

You will get 2 seperate files and if you only install the spit you can fly it without accusim.

Then when you decide to use accusim you can install the accusim addon.

Then you must run the latest updater as you must whenever you install any A2A aircraft with accusim.

So you install the spit and fly it.

Later you install the accusim addon for it and then you must run the updater.

Cheers Chris

PS have you got the C-47 version 3 yet?
Last edited by speedy70 on 03 Aug 2016, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Styggron,

Yes, there are two separate files.

You can fly Accusim "without" Accusim in two ways:

1. Just buy the Spitfire itself (not Accusim) which gives you a nice aircraft, in my biased opinion, still far superior to anything else out there but without many of the sounds and effects (and of course without damage)

2. Buy Spitfire and Accusim (save $5 if you decide to go ahead with accusim later) and turn off the damage modelling in Shift 3. That gives you all the "goodies" of sounds etc but without
the engine management etc being necessary.

As you requested, no time wasted on relative merits ;)

regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Killratio wrote:Styggron,

Yes, there are two separate files.

You can fly Accusim "without" Accusim in two ways:

1. Just buy the Spitfire itself (not Accusim) which gives you a nice aircraft, in my biased opinion, still far superior to anything else out there but without many of the sounds and effects (and of course without damage)

2. Buy Spitfire and Accusim (save $5 if you decide to go ahead with accusim later) and turn off the damage modelling in Shift 3. That gives you all the "goodies" of sounds etc but without
the engine management etc being necessary.

As you requested, no time wasted on relative merits ;)

regards

Darryl
Thank you. Perfect answer. Greatly appreciated.
How come B377 / COTS come in one file then ? (Yes this is a separate question) So I could not install the B377 without COTS when I bought it. This is why I was worried with the spit. I gather you have the spit so you attest you have two separate files.

I really also greatly appreciate you not going into the merits re accu sim I am fully aware of them. :)

kindest regards

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Yes, I'm reasonably familiar with the Spitfire ;)

Yes, separate two files.

One thing, if you don't get the Accusim file as well, there is a separate file which needed to be downloaded to allow the Airscrew to be changed to 3 blade.
I am honestly not sure whether that ever got added to the original Non-Accusim file. If you are happy with the Watts, no need anyhow.

regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Killratio wrote:Yes, I'm reasonably familiar with the Spitfire ;)

Yes, separate two files.

One thing, if you don't get the Accusim file as well, there is a separate file which needed to be downloaded to allow the Airscrew to be changed to 3 blade.
I am honestly not sure whether that ever got added to the original Non-Accusim file. If you are happy with the Watts, no need anyhow.

regards

Darryl
A giant thank you. Hopefuly there is a doc somewhere to tell me how to change the airscrew I guess but as you said it may not have ever been added because most people get accu sim. I'll be fine without it. :)

Thanks again.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Ah... found it. Still not sure if it was ever permanently changed but if not...
Scott - A2A wrote:Beldar,

You need Accu-Sim to change the props, but I can see that the props are defaulting to the wooden ones, and without Accu-Sim you can't get the variable speed ones. I uploaded some default dat files for you to try.

Download this file:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/wingsofpo ... t_dats.zip

and extract it to your DOCUMENTS\A2A\FSX\Spitfire folder, over-writing what is there.

Let me know if you are ok,
Scott.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Killratio wrote:Ah... found it. Still not sure if it was ever permanently changed but if not...
Scott - A2A wrote:Beldar,

You need Accu-Sim to change the props, but I can see that the props are defaulting to the wooden ones, and without Accu-Sim you can't get the variable speed ones. I uploaded some default dat files for you to try.

Download this file:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/wingsofpo ... t_dats.zip

and extract it to your DOCUMENTS\A2A\FSX\Spitfire folder, over-writing what is there.

Let me know if you are ok,
Scott.
Thank you for that. I won't know until I end up getting the spitfire. It depends when A2A have their next sale. Sadly it only seems to be 1 a year around December. Lack of sales always puzzled me. I would expect 3-4 a year.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If products are value for money and selling, why have a shed load of sales? :wink:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Lewis - A2A wrote:If products are value for money and selling, why have a shed load of sales? :wink:

cheers,
Lewis
Haha Lewis, you do have a valid point there, half of my A2A stuff is bought on sale and the rest is bought on release day :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Tomas Linnet wrote: Haha Lewis, you do have a valid point there, half of my A2A stuff is bought on sale and the rest is bought on release day :D
Same here :D . The ones I thought I won't by (like the B377 that I ended up adoring btw.) I got on sale and the others right away after I stumbled across A2A.

Still need to get the P-40 and P-47 so give us a sale please!! :lol:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Lewis - A2A wrote:If products are value for money and selling, why have a shed load of sales? :wink:

cheers,
Lewis
you know exactly why :wink:

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Styggron wrote:How come B377 / COTS come in one file then ? (Yes this is a separate question) So I could not install the B377 without COTS when I bought it. This is why I was worried with the spit. I gather you have the spit so you attest you have two separate files.
Accu-Sim Captain of the Ship for the B377 is the add-on for the Wings of Silver B377 Stratocruiser. Either part can be bought separately, but if you buy both parts (I did) at the same time you do save some money. As to why the WoS B377 part failed to install for you, I have no idea. It works fine for me, in FSX:Steam.

1. Wings of Silver B377 Stratocruiser
2. Accu-Sim Captain of the Ship for the B377

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”