If purchased, will the accusim add on be separate install ?

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Re: If purchased, will the accusim add on be separate instal

Post by Styggron »

bladerunner900 wrote:
Styggron wrote:How come B377 / COTS come in one file then ? (Yes this is a separate question) So I could not install the B377 without COTS when I bought it. This is why I was worried with the spit. I gather you have the spit so you attest you have two separate files.
Accu-Sim Captain of the Ship for the B377 is the add-on for the Wings of Silver B377 Stratocruiser. Either part can be bought separately, but if you buy both parts (I did) at the same time you do save some money. As to why the WoS B377 part failed to install for you, I have no idea. It works fine for me, in FSX:Steam.

1. Wings of Silver B377 Stratocruiser
2. Accu-Sim Captain of the Ship for the B377
Hello,
I think you completely misunderstood, perhaps you did not read the OP which explained things. Nothing failed to install. When I bought this on special it was only 1 file. Not 2. Therefore you could not install B377 without Accu sim.

Therefore I wanted to ask if other planes that are accu sim capable also come this way or not.
People replied that they usually come in 2.

Therefore I was puzzled why B377/COTS did not.

Simple as that :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Scott often recounts in his videos of the early days of accusim. Their initial guesstimating of 20% take up of accusim turned out to be more like 80%. This is why the early aircraft were released as 2 packages for fear of customers not spending more than competitors versions.
Prior to the COTS release (upgrade of the C377), the decision was made to sell accusim with the aircraft as a single package and has been ever since.
This is why newcomers to A2A experience overwhelming forum opinion when they inquire about only getting the initial aircraft without accusim. Pretty much all users recommend getting the accusim package of the early aircraft. I can't recall a single post saying don't get it.
Cheers
Trev

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Styggron wrote: Hello,
I think you completely misunderstood, perhaps you did not read the OP which explained things. Nothing failed to install. When I bought this on special it was only 1 file. Not 2. Therefore you could not install B377 without Accu sim.

Therefore I wanted to ask if other planes that are accu sim capable also come this way or not.

If that is the case then I apologise. It's just that mine came in two executable parts. The base aircraft as wos_b377.EXE and the Accu-sim add-on pack as CotS_b377_v2_full.EXE. But if as you say, it now comes in one then I forgot about that. Although, it looks like it is still possible to buy the two parts.

Anyway. I hope you get it working soon. Perhaps a visit to the Boeing 377 Tech Support might be a good idea.

Edit:

Checking my account, it looks like I forgot that you don't need to buy the two parts, which I did, but only COTS, which is a full package in itself. Silly me.

Cheers.
Steve.

sandi
Airman First Class

Post by sandi »

Either it is because I’m weird, or a very focused female, why the sale? if you wanna drive Suzuki,, you have the money, if you wanna drive an audi, god forbid, same goes, you go and buy it.
We want perfect planes, right? that costs extra, when I’m looking at prices i go like, wow why don’t they cost 10 times as much?
Gas used, recording equipment, hours spend. easily imaginable.
A funny Storry rented a room from a man a few years back, he got a huge audi, an a 3 or 6 for those of you who know about such things, he always came and asked if he could use my car, a suzuki swift, also known as the chevy Geometro, i asked, “why don’t you use your car?” his answer, it costs too much to drive
Needless to say i was laughing a very feminine part of me, off.
Same goes for my music instruments, wanted a Linstrument, and a Seaboard, you want it , you pay for it :)
It could be something else, I’m not remotely interested in the Spit, and if i buy it it would only be to see if the engine sets out at certain attitudes, i believe that was the case with some of the first of them.
best Sandi

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

bladerunner900 wrote:
Styggron wrote: Hello,

If that is the case then I apologise. It's just that mine came in two executable parts. The base aircraft as wos_b377.EXE and the Accu-sim add-on pack as CotS_b377_v2_full.EXE. But if as you say, it now comes in one then I forgot about that. Although, it looks like it is still possible to buy the two parts.

Anyway. I hope you get it working soon. Perhaps a visit to the Boeing 377 Tech Support might be a good idea.

Edit:

Checking my account, it looks like I forgot that you don't need to buy the two parts, which I did, but only COTS, which is a full package in itself. Silly me.

Cheers.
Steve.
Hello Steve,
It is still purchasable separately but when it was on special a few months ago it was a fantastic deal to get them both at once which I did and it was one installer not 2.

I wanted to ensure that the next one I buy has it separately so I can see what the plane is like without accu sim. :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

TreeTops wrote:Scott often recounts in his videos of the early days of accusim. Their initial guesstimating of 20% take up of accusim turned out to be more like 80%. This is why the early aircraft were released as 2 packages for fear of customers not spending more than competitors versions.
Prior to the COTS release (upgrade of the C377), the decision was made to sell accusim with the aircraft as a single package and has been ever since.
This is why newcomers to A2A experience overwhelming forum opinion when they inquire about only getting the initial aircraft without accusim. Pretty much all users recommend getting the accusim package of the early aircraft. I can't recall a single post saying don't get it.
Indeed more recent releases have accu sim built in which is a pity for people like me who would like some without it but it is what it is. At least the B17,Spitfire and PiperCub can be bought without accu sim still. This is also why I am going for air craft factory planes as well.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

May I ask why you don't want Accu-sim features?

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

molleh wrote:May I ask why you don't want Accu-sim features?
Please see the last few lines in the OP regarding this issue.
I have spoken about this before but do not wish to attract the ire of the forum community. I shall therefore remain reticent on this issue sorry.

Please understand I am fully aware of how Accu Sim works and how much realism it adds. There is nothing remotely anywhere else that can be compared to the work the amazing A2A team have done with the accu sim product / add ons.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Styggron wrote:
molleh wrote:May I ask why you don't want Accu-sim features?
Please see the last few lines in the OP regarding this issue.
I have spoken about this before but do not wish to attract the ire of the forum community. I shall therefore remain reticent on this issue sorry.

Please understand I am fully aware of how Accu Sim works and how much realism it adds. There is nothing remotely anywhere else that can be compared to the work the amazing A2A team have done with the accu sim product / add ons.
I like the challenge of doing aerobatics in the Spitfire, with Accu-sim enabled. But I also like to fly casually some of the time, with it disabled. It's very relaxing and gives me time to take in the scenery, capture some screen shots, or check out a new aircraft skin.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

bladerunner900 wrote:I like the challenge of doing aerobatics in the Spitfire, with Accu-sim enabled. But I also like to fly casually some of the time, with it disabled. It's very relaxing and gives me time to take in the scenery, capture some screen shots, or check out a new aircraft skin.
I think one of the first challenges for me would be taxxing because I can't se straight ahead. :shock:

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Styggron wrote:
bladerunner900 wrote:I like the challenge of doing aerobatics in the Spitfire, with Accu-sim enabled. But I also like to fly casually some of the time, with it disabled. It's very relaxing and gives me time to take in the scenery, capture some screen shots, or check out a new aircraft skin.
I think one of the first challenges for me would be taxxing because I can't se straight ahead. :shock:
For realism, I found weaving left and right while taxiing the best way at first. After you have done it often enough, you get to know the layout of the local airfields. Nowadays, I use TrackIR as well, so I can lean sideways for a peek at where I am. Also, I'm not averse to using exterior views to grab a look at unfamiliar airfields. Cheating I know, but you can't hang about with the Accu-sim Spitfire because she overheats, if you mess about to long. :wink:

Edit: Of course, you could always familiarise yourself using something with tricycle undercarriage first.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”